Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: SPCWA
New Today: 8
New Yesterday: 84
Overall: 143584

People Online:
Visitors: 63
Members: 2
Total: 65 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Manager SS exam - question from the exam
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manager SS exam - question from the exam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Manager SS exam - question from the exam Reply with quote

Can anybody answer me the following questions:

-What difficulties would the customers of IT services face in an organization that did not have a Change Management process?
- Why might not having a Change Management process make an organization less profitable?
Mark-OLoughlin
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few to get going:

Unplanned outages to systems can cause workers not to be able to work thus costing a business money.

Unplanned / uncontrolled outages to customer facing applications/interfaces can cause revenue hit if users cannot use them e.g. web sites (amazon) banklink mobile phone top up services (telcos)

Without change control you generally have an IT firefighting all the time. This can be costly and take up time and resources

You may get a lot of duplicated efforts again costing time and resources
Maher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Mark, but actually they are 2 questions each needs 5 ideas as follows:
Q1 What difficulties would the customers of IT services face in an organization that did not have a Change Management process? 5 Marks/5 Ideas
Q2 Why might not having a Change Management process make an organization less profitable? 5 Marks/5 Ideas.

is it possible to get in touch with you thru email?
thanx
Maher.almakhamreh"gmail.com

Mark-OLoughlin wrote:
Just a few to get going:

Unplanned outages to systems can cause workers not to be able to work thus costing a business money.

Unplanned / uncontrolled outages to customer facing applications/interfaces can cause revenue hit if users cannot use them e.g. web sites (amazon) banklink mobile phone top up services (telcos)

Without change control you generally have an IT firefighting all the time. This can be costly and take up time and resources

You may get a lot of duplicated efforts again costing time and resources
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maher,

Do you want Mark to sit your exam for you ? other wise why should he GIVE you the answers other than what he has already done

YOU need to answer the questions when you take the exam so YOU need to understand what the purpose of Change Management is as well as the other Service Support Discipline.

Otherwise you will fail the exam because you dont know the material.

You therefore would have spent the money for the exam and course in vain

In order to answer the question and provide 5 examples

You need to know what the purpose of change management is

Can you answer that ?

If you can describe and explain how Change Management benefits an IT organization, it is quite easy then to explain the inverse

In addition, the Service Support course instructors would have hammered into your head

Benefits, Cost, etc of each process

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maher,

Now that I have vented, I will help you answer the question yourself

This is the Goal of Change Management - straight from the Service Support Blue Book

The goal of the Change Management process is to ensure that standardised methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all Changes, in order to minimise the impact of Change-related Incidents upon service quality, and consequently to improve the day-to-day operations of the organisation

With this sentence, I can more than like come up with 2 - 3 points per question.

Read, comprehend, test your knowledge, fix the missing bits

Mark-OLoughlin
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

I was about to reply with details then thought about it and stopped for the exact reason you mentioned. Anyone sitting the exam should be able to answer the question. if not your not ready for the exam. My first posting was to give some help to provide a guidance. Those were real world examples and not text book to get the grey mater thinking.

Maher, you need to be able to think about the question in context with the ITIL books. if you can't answer questions like that you may not be ready for the exam.

Out of interest what do you now see as being possible answers to the questions.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

I did not have any issue with what you wrote. You did not give him answers you gave him details that he should make answers with

His reply ... IMNSHOAASAP - in my not so humber opinion and as sarcastically as possible... seems to think he should not think for himself.

That was why I put the first comment about you taking the exam. -- I am quite sure you DONT want to repeat sitting the exam at all.

I know I dont.

I spent several weeks studying and studying and studying to pass the Support and delivery exam. As I have stated, I pass the delivery quite easy the first time, the support exam I kept screwing up by a point or so because I did not answer the Change questions properly- ie against the case study and the question versus real world examples w/o refereingt o casse study

Maher, like Mark and I have said - you need to know the material.

We will provide advice and guidance as we both have ... but you have to figure out the answers yourself

LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely agree! This is a typical example of a question which is looking for you to do more than just list what is in the book, but to interpret it with real-life examples (and/or examples from the case-study). Basially it is saying "based on what you have learnt, what can you come up with, based on your own experience and interpretation" Even if I gave you a 1000 word answer listing everything, enough for a 16/20 in the exam, that would not help you, because the question you get asked might be about Problem, or Release or whatever.
Markers are looking for evidence not of the ability to memorise, but the understanding and interpretation of what you were taught.
Karthi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Manager SS exam - question from the exam Reply with quote

Hi Maher

Do you have answers for other question? please share that with me

Thanks

Maher wrote:
Can anybody answer me the following questions:

-What difficulties would the customers of IT services face in an organization that did not have a Change Management process?
- Why might not having a Change Management process make an organization less profitable?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: