Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: DJulia
New Today: 52
New Yesterday: 72
Overall: 139542

People Online:
Visitors: 54
Members: 0
Total: 54

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - A tool for managing pilot projects
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A tool for managing pilot projects

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stig

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: A tool for managing pilot projects Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm working for the army in Release Management and my task is to perform and coordinate pilot projects before we distribute the change to 15000 clients / 20000 users ..
Plans is written early, to be as much pro-active as possible. But my problem is to have a 100% overview when we're running many pilot projects at once. Let's say we have 5 projects running at once.. Then you have to schedule information out to the users one day ahead.. And the next day you have to distribute out the software at the given time.
Multiply this by 5 pilot projects at once plus that you need to constantly do followups, do interviews with the users etc..
In an government situation, with so many users twisting and bending with the software SOME error is doomed to appear regardless of how many pre-test you do, so good quality testing is not an answer to this "delirium".
In this case you have to roll back or freeze the pilot, change the plan for a new pilot and even kick som developers ass to ensure that critical priority is present at all time!

This is where I get to the point that i REALLY need a tool that I can write down the plans directly into it.
The tool calculate the dates given by a calendar, filters out the weekends and give me warnings when it's time to send the selected users a mail, and the next day it will give me a warning that tells me to distribute the pilot on the selected users.

If you know you have heard, seen or even uses some kind of the described tool, I would be very pleased if you PM'ed me or at least reply to this thread.
I'm sure that there are more pilot coordinators out there than me Wink It also would be interesting to have someone to discuss piloting and anything that relates to Release Management with.

Sorry for the bad English.. It's been a while Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: