Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: JUVHT
New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 72
Overall: 131834

People Online:
Visitors: 45
Members: 2
Total: 47 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - How to Prepare Recommendations in Problem Management ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Prepare Recommendations in Problem Management ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sumitsharma1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: How to Prepare Recommendations in Problem Management ? Reply with quote

Hi

I would really appreciate if any one could help to understand subjected topic asap. Give me some details about PM with case studies, PM process layout, etc, as I'm new in this field and people around me have lots of expectation with me. I have to make reports on the basis of country and top 5 customer including RCA and Recommendations, which seams to be tough for me as I still have to understand the Recommendations part.

Thanks & Regards

Sumit Sharma
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know what ITIL is ?

Problem Mgmt is part of ITIL

It deals with finding out the root cause of things that happen in IT environments

Beyond that I cant help you because what you are asking for is truly beyond the purpose of this forum.

I can spend days telling you about PM and how it fits in to the rest of ITIL and how things are dealt with at my customers & clients.... but that does not pay my bills.

Invest in the ITIL books. Take course, seminar etc about ITIL and PM
This forum is supposed to be a discussion area for people in IT to talk about ITIL and find out about ITIL

It does not replace offical documentation, suppliers, vendors or people's own work

From what you are asking you are asking the questions in the wrong forum

And since the underlying background

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Mark-OLoughlin
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

are you new to Problem Management and / or ITIL? If so you as John points out you will need to look into ITIL for understanding which leads to answers.

Have you done the ITIL foundation? If not it is recommended to do this which will give you a good overview of all the processes and included Problem Management. The V2 foundation would suit you better but may not be available for much longer.

In between doing any couse use the web to find out details. There are lots of details, references, whitepapers etc available that will help you out.
jmc724

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

v3 is now available.
Mark-OLoughlin
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The V3 foundation is considered not to cover the processes in as much detail as the V2 foundation. The initial scope covered far too much strategy than say practical information so it might be the better choice in this instance.

I have no idea what the V3 practitioner is but am sure it covers the areas well.
sumitsharma1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody for your time, however I would really appreciate if you could all suggest me some books and websites for my requirements so that I can come up as a champ in my company. I can study/work 24 hours to understand this. Helping others will help you to grow. Ya i'm new to this field but got 6 years of technical experience in computer networking field.

Regards

Sumit Sharma
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the foundation course (v2) or (v3) and exam
Work in the field using the material in foundation
Take either practioner's course and exam for area you are in or interested in being in
Get experience implementing ITIL
Take manager's course (v2) before it goes away or wait for v3 equivilent

ITIL can not just be read, take the exam and then be done with it. You have to use it in your IT operational world

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Problem Management All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: