Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:35 am Post subject: Pharma Senior Project Manager Contract in DE
Senior Project Manager
Contract Position in Delaware slated to begin February '08 and run through July '08. Candidates must be W2 candidates.
Any ITIL project experience/certifications is a strong plus.
· Strong knowledge of methodology principles, concepts, and core methodologies (in support of content reuse)
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
· Ability to manage internal and external development projects from inception to successful implementation
· Solid understanding of current network technologies
· Solid understanding of the IT infrastructure processes
· Strong analysis and implementation experience with infrastructure and network technologies
· Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
· Ability to develop and deliver projects using leading-edge processes and technology
· Solid project management skills with ability to multitask and manage multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment
· Ability to blend creativity, problem solving, and technical skills for refining existing theories or developing new system approaches to seize opportunities
· Proven ability in managing the creation and implementation of detailed projects; superior customer relation and presentation skills.
· Solid management skills and ability to manage technical resources on a project-by-project basis; strong attention to detail and understanding of microcomputers, networking security technology, network operating systems.
· Strong time management, planning, and organizational skills along with solid leadership and conflict resolution abilities
· Ability to function independently with strong initiative and judgment.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or related discipline with an information technology focus
· Project Management training and PMP is highly desirable. Certification not required but progress toward attainment of PMP certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) is highly desirable
· Masters degree a plus
· Six to eight years of progressive broad-based infrastructure experience
· Global Project Management experience is a strong plus
· Extensive related project management experience
· Experience in the design and management of technical implementation projects.
· Customer interface experience in large corporate environment, including direct interaction with senior-level management and line-level management.
· Technical management experience in a dynamic high-technology environment
· Three to five years of demonstrated management/supervisory experience in infrastructure support, during which more than one of the following occurred:
· Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management
· Demonstrated leadership of multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups
· Successfully developed and implemented new technology
· Demonstrated competency in project management and the execution of multiple or large projects
· Successfully developed and implemented new work processes or process improvements
· Gained experience working with customers to develop solutions to complex business problems
May be responsible, in full or in part, for any or all activities outlined below related to various project initiatives.
· Consult with management and review project proposals to determine goals, time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources
· Develop project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources
· Formulate and define scope and objectives of project
· Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks
· Coordinate recruitment or assignment of project personnel
· Assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel
· Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget
Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation
· Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules and plans as required
· Prepare project status reports and keep management, customers, and Project Stakeholders informed of project status and related issues
· Confer with project personnel to provide advice and resolve problems
· Follow established processes to respond to requests for changes from original specifications
· Monitor project results against specifications
· Develop and maintain project documentation
· Assume key overall responsibility for ensuring easy access to useful information
· Keep close contact with customer representatives directly or through field consultants to ensure solutions are providing value-added capabilities to customers
· Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle
· Plan team resource needs; allocate, supervise, and review work
· Develop project communication plan to effectively meet stakeholders' information needs with timely distribution.
· Lead the effort in creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables supporting business needs
· Prior Pharmaceutical experience is a strong plus
· Strong customer focus and ability to manage stakeholders expectations
· Strong leadership, interpersonal, influencing, communication and negotiation skills.
· Ability to influence and negotiate with a diverse set of individuals to accomplish project goals.
· Demonstrated personal characteristics of self-motivation and initiative.
· Ability to communicate needs and schedules to internal resources, as well as ensure that plans are in place and standards are adhered to
· Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic problems
For more information or to apply for this position, please send resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum