Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ARoe
New Today: 36
New Yesterday: 83
Overall: 141558

People Online:
Visitors: 142
Members: 1
Total: 143 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Trusted ITIL training centers in Europe
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trusted ITIL training centers in Europe
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
falehah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Trusted ITIL training centers in Europe Reply with quote

Hi

can you provide me with names for Trusted ITIL training centers in Europe(and the trainers names if possible) where the courses are provided in expert and professional way.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be easier if you went to itsmf per country or to the British computer society for that information

I dont understand the need for the phrase 'trusted' as all training company must be 'authorized' to provide training

Also, the courses are suppose to be done in relatively the same manner - so the courses are taught in an expert and professional way anyway - other wise the training company will lost their certification
/ can lose
I also doubt any of ITIL training company will be willing to hand over personal details about their instructors

Although, most if not all training company have their own personal staff pages with instructors data

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
falehah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear UKVIKING
Thanks for your advice, but to clarify it for you, the mean reason behind this question it to get an advice from people who really attended such type of courses and are able to judge and evaluate the training centers, NOT ALL of the training centers are providing the courses with the same level of professionalism of skills and since I am planning to attend the course, I would like to attend it with a professional company (and this includes a lot of things, instructors, course time management, room setup, etc...).

I will be travailing long distance for this course and I do not want to end up taking the course in a low quality training company (believe me, there are a lot of these companies who will attract you with their Ads but the reality is different.)

and regarding the instructors, I DO NOT need any personal details, I am seeking an advice of a professional expert instructor NAME in one of the training companies to check if I can take the course with him Smile Smile
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falehah,

Europe consists of 10+ countries that in each country there could be dozens of training companys that provide ITIL training. While this forum does have a broad range of people from other countries, there is no possible way to provide you with any relevent data about a training company.

For example, I took a course from ----, it is located in country ---2, in the city ---3. I give you what I thought about the course, instructor, etc.

Several other people also took the course from the same compnay in the same country even in the same town.

So we tell you that this company provides a good service in country ---

However, you are NOT going to that country to take the course so all of the information we gave you and the time we spent doing so and the time you spent reading etc. was wasted because it was not useful to you

What you should be asking is the following

I am planning to take an ITIL course from Company --- in city, country. Has any one dealt with company ----.

The users of this forum would then be able to give you relevent information about their experience. However, that would only work if any one used that company

I still recommend going to the itSMF country web site and the BCS web site.

All authorized ITIL training companys must be certain standards.

One of the key factors you should consider is price

the ITIL courses are like the Microsoft Certified courses - expensive

If the 3 -5 course is roughly 300-500 pounds or dollars per day and the course sits about 10-12 people.. then you are looking at a professional course setting for about the right price.

If you see an 3-5 ITIL course for 500 total, then I would not trust the company that is providing it.

I have taken courses from FoxIT and Xpertise here in the UK. I found them to be both professional and quality course setup and materials

LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another factor to consider is that many companies (especially in the UK) use associate trainers such as myself, rather than permanent staff. Often trainers are not assigned to courses until a few weeks before, so it is hard to be sure who would teach your course. Trainers all have to be accredited (at least I know this is true for ISEB) If their pass rtaes are not satisfactory, the may have their accreditation removed.
Use a reputable company, with a track record. Ask on this forum about them. The best will not be the cheapest, usually.
I have met a large proportion of the trainers operating in the UK, and most are very committed, but with different styles of teaching. You may think they are fantastic, others may not - or the opposite may be true.

Whilst I hope my students like my methods, success or failure is not down to teaching methods. We all teach the same syllabus, but with different slidesets, different examples etc. A good student will always pass, even if they do not 'click' with their trainer
ChrisD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was notified today that the Service Delivery and Service Support courses that I had been booked on have been cancelled due to lack of numbers - I am mighty frustrated (made worse because I had already booked hotels which are not transferable).

Rant over - I will try and be upbeat now!!!

I am looking to do the two Managers courses as soon as possible by an organisation that has a good reputation which does not have a history of canceling their courses. Not wishing to get my fingers burnt a second time, I would welcome recommendations for a suitable course provider in the South of England.......

Best regards,
.... Chris

PS I would like to focus on the positives and being a Newbie would rather not name the (well known) organisation that has let me down.
Ed
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have used Getronics for all levels of training from Foundation through to Managers, with a variety of people. They are excellent, and based in the south of England (Farnborough, Hampshire).

Regards

Ed
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Xpertise in london
FoxIT in Wokingham

unless of course they were the foul miscreants

then i never heard of them

ChrisD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKVIKING and Ed - Thankyou very much for the swift responses and advice. I look forward to being an active member in this forum and getting a Red Badge (soon?)

Best regards,
.... Chris
ChrisD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKVIKING wrote:
I used Xpertise in london
FoxIT in Wokingham

unless of course they were the foul miscreants

then i never heard of them

Top tip from UKVIKING - I have just completed the Service Delivery element of the training with FoxIT - first class tuition (it is down to me now to use the knowledge at work ......... and in the exam!).

.... Chris
ChrisD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to re-iterate an earlier point - first class tuition from Fox IT, this time for the Service Support element of the Service Manager course. I would also like to highlight the excellent admin' provided by Fox IT - 'customer service' at its best.

I am pleased to say that I have now got the famous 'Red Badge' - however my experience with EXIN has been less than satisfactory (so far), in future ISEB would be my clear preference for an examination provider.

..... Chris
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations ChrisD

Now,,, with foxit

they do the itsmf iso20k course

BTW: what were your issues with EXIN

ChrisD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As regards doing a further course, I suspect that the ISO 20000 may be more valuable to me than the Managers Bridge. Is the ISO 20000 course to be refreshed in the light of ITIL V3 coming 'on stream'?

With reference to the issue with EXIN, I will bite my tongue (I am waiting to hear from them, so I will give them the opportunity to redeem themselves before passing further comment).

.... Chris
asrilrm
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, congrats ChrisD.
Sorry but in my understanding, ISO 20K targets company (like ISO 9000), not individual, while ITIL certification on the other hand, is for individual, not for company.

Or maybe I was wrong?

Asril
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asilrm/ChrisD

The FoxIT ISO20 k course - I took - explained how ISO20K works

There are 2 course they give -

1 for the auditor
1 for people would plan to help implement ISO20k -

Take the second

Then you should take the CoBITcourse..

See my thread in ITIL Certification or ITIL jobs about Consulting that I posted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: