Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: MRawlins
New Today: 30
New Yesterday: 89
Overall: 139448

People Online:
Visitors: 78
Members: 1
Total: 79 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Getting started on the road to ITIL
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting started on the road to ITIL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PerkyPants

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Getting started on the road to ITIL Reply with quote

I would welcome suggestions on how to get started. I've been reading some of the posts and they seem way over my head at the moment.

Is there an "ITIL for DUMMies" or something similar?
JanW

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no short cut for hard work.

Read this site and perhaps others, read the books, perhaps buy the toolkit. Just get stuck into it, rather than looking for the elusive magic key. You will just be wasting time if you do the latter.
PerkyPants

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jan - not trying to aviod hard work, it just seems a massive subject area.

Smile
RandyASteinberg

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to drop me a note at RandyASteinberg@aol.com if need be.

There is a 6 step approach that has worked well in the past:

ITSM (IT Service Management) Visioning
ITSM Assessment
ITSM Planning
ITSM Foundation (Establishes the basics)
ITSM Initial Wins
ITSM Control

The first step above is critical to get started and does not require a lot of ITIL expertise to get going - it sets the initial stage for Service Management in your company and helps you scope and understand the service vision, company cultural and behavior barriers to overcome.

There is a lot more involved here, but thought I'd at least initiate some contact.
cman6453

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perky - So how is the progression coming along?

Richard - Are those approaches in some kind of book or ???

I'm currently in the IT field and was wondering what kind of advice I can get about practically applying ITIL approaches. I'm not thinking of anything to greatly affect the company but more along the lines of putting my mindset in ITIL mode with my daily activities here at work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: