Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: AWinkle
New Today: 70
New Yesterday: 88
Overall: 139971

People Online:
Visitors: 87
Members: 0
Total: 87

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Practioner Course - IPSR ? IPRC ? IPAD ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Practioner Course - IPSR ? IPRC ? IPAD ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
uITILisation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: ITIL Practioner Course - IPSR ? IPRC ? IPAD ? Reply with quote

Good Morning !

Its been two months since I have completed my EXIN ITILF EXAM. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a 100% (scored 92%) Sad

So I figured I should progress onto a practitioners.. Cause I did get quite a rush after I saw the Green Pin, and I was yearning for more both in pride and knowledge!.. Smile

But the dilemma I face as a Junior ITILer is which perimeter to pursue:

ITIL Practitioner Support & Restore (IPSR)

ITIL Practitioner Release and Control (IPRC)

ITIL Practitioner Agree and Define (IPAD)

I am with a service desk now.. Well, so you can say that I currently and largely contribute to incident/problem/change management i.e., IPSR.

But I would like you to opine on what you think is best.. I'm not quite the programmer types so application development etc is not for me I suppose.. But I would like this one to rest with the professionals!

Thanks and God bless ! Very Happy
dboylan
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have trained both the IPSR and IPRC courses and I think the content (at least in the organization I used to work for) for the IPSR was more engaging for the students.

The students whose jobs involved working in the Release or Change process roles got value from the IPRC, but students whose job didn't directly perform Release or Change functions seemed to feel a little left out.

On the other hand, just about everyone in IT solves problems. It may be the "something is broke, let's fix it" variety, or the "there is a structural fault, we need to diagnose the underlying issue" variety. This being the case, almost all the students I taught had direct experience with how the IPSR course concepts could affect their work.

Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Jobs All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: