Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: CLuster
New Today: 51
New Yesterday: 68
Overall: 139809

People Online:
Visitors: 70
Members: 2
Total: 72 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Team for ITSM Implementation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Team for ITSM Implementation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mimi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Team for ITSM Implementation Reply with quote

hi! i've been assigned to set up a team to implement ITSM following an ITIL workshop. does anybody have a suggestion on the team members and their roles and responsibilities? if anybody knows where i can find this information, please do tell me. i'd really appreciate it. Smile
lojic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your workshop should have had some info on the roles of the process owners. That’s a good place to start. Then for the members you should look at the skill sets of the people you have in house, perhaps get the HR to help, maybe recruit people to form the teams.

You must have a Vision for each, Set Objectives & Goals (baselines), delegate responsibility then its Plan, Do, Check & Act repeatedly until you meet the set goals.

It would also be ideal if implementation was done in stages or you may be biting off more than you can chew. Start with Service desk/ Incident/Problem & Configuration management. Organizational changes need support from the top management or you are sunk even before you start. Getting users to accept changes and use new processes are also a problem.

And last but not the least do you have a budget? That's probably the best starting point. Get that approved by the board first.

Hope this helps.
Jose
BobLamb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I agree with lojic, you cannot do it all at once, and the natural thing to do is priorities activites around the impact it will have on the Business (reduce 'bottom-line' costs or improve 'top-line' revenues/profitability to the business.

You do need a budget, and the only way to get that from the business is to provide a cost-justification and the supporting Business Case.

Cheers,

Bob
ddean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am new to this process and still learning. what do you mean when you say Workshop? are there US based workshops preferrably in Texas?

thanks for your help.
Dale
ProbMan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good points in this discussion, I have to agree with the prioritising, identify the quick wins and keep in mind the 80/20 rule.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: