Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: Vittusagap
New Today: 156
New Yesterday: 176
Overall: 131401

People Online:
Visitors: 47
Members: 1
Total: 48 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Suppliers contracted to use Problem Reporting Tool?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suppliers contracted to use Problem Reporting Tool?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liono

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Suppliers contracted to use Problem Reporting Tool? Reply with quote

What benefits has anyone provided their Suppliers to engaeg them to use theirvITIL reporting Tool especially for Problem Management i.e. keeping track of Problem Cases and the like.

Also what agreements should one stipulate in the contract to drive this attitiude. i.e KPI's.
UrgentJensen
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liono it depends what you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to light a fire under your suppliers to get things done or is it maybe for quality/audit reasons?

Any KPIs would depend on the type of contract and the type of service they're providing....

Cheers,

Urgent.
Liono

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a bit of both as there is no current database and we don't have visibility to incidents and problems that they manage.
Timo
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Urgent, all depends on what you are trying to do.

ITIL book lists whack load of KPIs you could be reporting on, but it's up to you to decided what information will be useful to you from Problem reporting such that your suppliers inevitably contribute to meeting YOUR service targets (another big question - does your organization have any?)
agrawalvini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Suppliers contracted to use Problem Reporting Tool? Reply with quote

Liono wrote:
What benefits has anyone provided their Suppliers to engaeg them to use theirvITIL reporting Tool especially for Problem Management i.e. keeping track of Problem Cases and the like.

Also what agreements should one stipulate in the contract to drive this attitiude. i.e KPI's.

Hi Liono

The most important benefit will be to have the supplier give visibility of the issues that are being faced by the used while using their product.

This will help them in further product development and bug fixing. which will help you in having a more stable environment.

As far as KPI's are concerned, I will suggest that you should start with this option for sometime without any KPIs and monitor the benefits derived for your business .

However, you need to be careful about what all information you are going to share with your supplier as there may be security issues involved in it.
Liono

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

The visibility of their Corrective and Preventative measures is what I'm after that are linked to the Incident and Change but they seem to wnat to avoid this process.

Any Ideas how to steer them to it?
agrawalvini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liono wrote:
Thanks!

The visibility of their Corrective and Preventative measures is what I'm after that are linked to the Incident and Change but they seem to wnat to avoid this process.

Any Ideas how to steer them to it?

Well the best idea to show them the carrot that is, you can tell them, that if they provide the solutions to the more frequent issues in their upgrades, then it will ensure that we continue to use their product and sign annual maintainance contract (AMC) with them, else we will have to find a new product and new vendor once your product reaches EOL (End of Life)

I am sure they will see the business and will fall in line.

And if they dont, you may also tell them that then over a period of time, automatically they will loose business and prospective customers as you may not be so friendly in helping them promote their product to other prospective buyers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Problem Management All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: