Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: immilmeld
New Today: 10
New Yesterday: 140
Overall: 131700

People Online:
Visitors: 44
Members: 2
Total: 46 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - University work on ITIL
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

University work on ITIL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
espanhol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: University work on ITIL Reply with quote

First of all i'd like to apologize in advance if i am posting in a wrong section.

I am a studying Computer Science and am currently writing a work on ITIL, and for the final part I wanted to write a case study about some company in which the implementation of ITIL wasn't successful (and consequently i would explain what reasons led to that).

I would like to ask if any of you have this kind of experience to share with me (or can point me to someone who has it).

Thank you.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a lost cause. i dont think there is acompany that would publicly admit they failed an implementation of itil

that being said... no implementation is successfull 100% but it does not have to be

my advice try another approach

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Timo
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick a company (any company) that attempted ITIL implementation, examine how they approached implementation, what the did, etc and compare it to how it could have been. It will be easier for you to identify areas that could have been done better and reason why.

I will admit that my past company failed (with the capital F) in some areas of ITIL, but I doubt you will get them to admit that Smile
m_croon
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

John P Kotter, a Harvard professor, has done extensive research on reasons why (any) changes fail. He has summarized these in 8 steps for succesfull change. Although these steps are very generic (I'm sure mr. Kotter has never heard of ITIL), I think they might give you a starting point. You can find him easily through google.

Hope this helps,

Michiel Croon
Getronics Pinkroccade
Tami213

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thansk for taking time to help!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: