Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: TParish
New Today: 42
New Yesterday: 99
Overall: 143717

People Online:
Visitors: 74
Members: 3
Total: 77 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Tools
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Tools

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adr_trujillo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: ITIL Tools Reply with quote

Hi!!, well here where I work, want to implement the best practices, however they want to be sure that those good practices are supported by a software tool.

We know that BMC, HP and CA has complete suites for this purpose. Can someone has used any of those??, or what's your recomendation when we talk about tools??

Thanks!! Wink
arnoldmram
Itiler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adr_trujillo,

I do agree with you that the processes have to be strongly supported by Software Tools when you would want to implement them.

I have used a few of these suites but must definitely admit that not all are fully compliant as claimed by each of these software vendors to the best practices standard.

My suggestion would be to first get your requirements going. It is better to document what best practice requires from a tool for eg: in service desk a tool should be capable of differentiating Services from Requests, In Incident management - Ability to classify, prioritize incidents etc.

In this manner, get all the requirements for different areas within the best practice. If you have access to the evaluation versions of each of these tools, my suggestion is that you load these softwares and evaluate it. I stress on this because, no matter how much of book reading is done, the best inputs are obtained only by working on the softwares. In case you do not have access to the eval versions of the software, download the copies of the administrator or the evaluation guide.(the datasheets or the product brochures dont give you much information)

Largely, for HP the HP service desk tool is a good bet for most of the ITIL service support areas. I did not find HP products very suitable for Service delivery areas. Similarly, Unicenter Service desk and Remedy Service management suite are good buys for Service support from CA and BMC. respectively. For Service delivery, Unicenter Service management suite (Unicenter SLM, Service assure....) are good buys.

Hope this helps

Smile

[Edited. Reason for edit - removal of link to commercial site]
NatalieS

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: ITIL Tools Reply with quote

I have some advice on the ITIL tools available.

The majority of the tools out there including HP, CA BMC tools have been moulded to try and allign them with ITIL recently - adapting lip service to meet with market demands.

I would ignore the marketing hype and look at what you can actually get out-of-the-box. Try and isolate the real facts. Ask how many ITIL Service Manager Qualified consultants they have available in their teams to implement the solution.

Has the solution been designed from ' inception ' with ITIL in mind. there are very few like this -

Axios Systems assyst solution I know has been designed with ITIL in mind almost 18 years ago now ( when the 1st books were being written )

Remember the expertise of the implementation consultants ( ITIL & the tool ) is as important as the tool itself.

Nat x
ad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Subject Matter Expert Required Reply with quote

Hi,

My company currently require a Subject Matter Expert to assist in the new course development of Unicenter Service Desk. The project start is late August. We will require a SME for approximately 25 days broken up as follows:

The SME must also be available to answer questions between August and November (Approx 4 hrs per week to answer queries from the Instructional Design team).

SME Skill Set Requirements:

Unicenter Service Desk SME Skill Set Requirements

The Subject Matter Expert (SME) to work on the r11 version of the Unicenter Service Desk classes (currently UN375, UN385 and UN395) should possess the following skills:

ITIL Foundation certification
At least 2 years experience with Unicenter ServicePlus Service Desk version 6.0 as either an instructor or implementation consultant
Certified to teach UN375, UN385 and UN395 and experience in teaching all three of these classes is preferred
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to quickly “ramp-up” on the r11 version of Unicenter Service Desk
In depth understanding of the Unicenter ServicePlus Service Desk architecture
Basic familiarity with other Unicenter products including Unicenter Asset Management, Unicenter Network & Systems Management, Unicenter Software Delivery, Unicenter Argis and Unicenter Remote Control and how these products integrate with the Service Desk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: