Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: CBaez
New Today: 47
New Yesterday: 97
Overall: 141299

People Online:
Visitors: 91
Members: 5
Total: 96 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ฎ ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Professional Instructor Opportunity – ITIL Manager?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Professional Instructor Opportunity – ITIL Manager?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kbancroft

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: ITIL Professional Instructor Opportunity – ITIL Manager? Reply with quote

Calling all ITIL Managers/REd Badge holders looking for a long term training opportunity to fit with your ongoing projects....

Is now the time to add a little variety to your client portfolio? Smile

If so, and you can answer “yes” to the following questions, you should be talking to Learning Tree:

• Are you ITIL Managers/Red Badge qualified?
• Have you used and applied ITIL methodologies for a minimum of 2 years?
• Are you currently operating as a consultant in the “Real Word”
• Do you consider that training would be a good addition to your portfolio long term?
• Are keen to become an accredited trainer and recognized as an expert?
• Can you be flexible for international and UK based travel?
• Would you describe yourself as personable, well prepared, and approachable?
• Do you have a passion to share your knowledge across a number of areas?

We are a market leading, global training organisation, providing real-world training courses in Management and Information Technology. Our commitment is to deliver vendor independent, hands-on training courses that are taught by instructors with current, real-world expertise in their chosen field. We honour this commitment to our clients by ensuring that our Instructors deliver training for Learning Tree for a maximum of 12 weeks per year; the remainder of their time is spent not training but gaining the current day, relative experiences to then share within the classroom.

We are not looking for trainers, but experts with personality and a passion to share their knowledge with professionals who are keen to learn!

To apply or request more information please email/ contact Katie at Learning Tree (UK). Please note that experience in the relevant field is a must, as is the ability to work flexibly accommodating pre scheduled course requirements. Courses are generally scheduled with 3-6 months notice.
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are not looking for existing freelance trainers? Why not? And, as this is a global forum, are you looking for applicants from any particular area?
Kbancroft

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: ITIL Professional Instructor Opportunity – ITIL Manager? Reply with quote

We do not work with freelance trainers as our model is to work with professionals who (when they are not working with Learning Tree) are hands on consultants in the real world. They may be operating as Project Managers (for example). We do appreciate that instructors may operate small educationals as part of their work but, in essence, a candidate must not train others in direct competition outside of Learning Tree.

The highest priority is to attract candidates who could work within the UK for around 12 weeks a year, but we are a global organisation and have Instructors based as such. Thus interest from all locations is welcome.
Azard
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, can you post your email to discuss this a further.

cheers,
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbancroft,

Freelance trainers are PROFESSIONALS.

I am quite amazed that you dont want to work with free lance trainers - who usually are very good - other wise they would not be working more than 1 or 2 courses as the companys that hire them wont use them again if they are bad.

What sort of people are you looking for.

12 weeks a year is 3 months to work for you ?

What are these people suppose to do for the other 9 months ?

Working for you on contracts at a bad rate (for them)

I am a contractor - I have worked on contracts for 13 of the last 16 months when I started

It took me 2 1/2 months to get my first contract so I took training courses
I had 3 weeks between the first & second contract - two weeks on holiday

I think you have shot your self in the foot with your blanket dismissal of freelance contractors

good luck finding some one

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Kbancroft

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freelance Trainers are professionals - of course, apologies if this came across differently Smile We have to date found success with our approach to the recruitment of Instructors; using consultants who spend 35-40 weeks a year working hands on implementing ITIL (for example) when not with Learning Tree. This model we have worked with for many years and have found works well...although admittedly rather rare in the training industry.

If anybody does wish to discuss this further my email is katie_bancroft@learningtree.com, thank you!
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are going to find very few contractors/consultants who will meet your criteria and for the enumeration expected

When I finish a 6 month contract, I spend 2-4 weeks on holiday/finding the next contract. I dont want to spend time teaching a course which takes up day time and night time - as for prep and seview and answerign questions.

Having been a trainer/instructor for 5 years, teaching a 3 - 5 course once a quarter is just not worth the effort for me in between my contracts

The time between contracts for most contracts are used for skills improvement etc and time off - as I prefer not to take any time off during a contract as it cost me money twice. - no daily rate and expenses invovled

I dont understand the reluctance to use Freelance instructors. They know the Training material and are in touch with developments in ITIL v3. Liz for example is well tied into the ITIL v3 issues about the foundation exam that is going on.

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most freelance trainers also do consultancy - I know I do, for government and household names. So it might very well be that I spend months implementing, or advising on implementation, but I cannot guarantee it. I understand that you might want Prince2 trainers also being project managers, but is easier to combine those 2, as a project is usually for a set period. I would not be "implementing" ITIL for 9 months, as my job is to mentor, advise, direct, etc. I often will combine training and consultancy, as I will workshop with a client, agree actions that THEY must do, then return after some training to see how they are managing, and if they need further help. I cannot and will no do it for them. So Project Management and ITSM are very different.
The idea that you do not want trainers to train for anyone else is bizarre - I am a better trainer as a result of seeing how different companies approach the same thing, and when I designed my own training materials, I was able to adapt the best ideas, and drop the worst. However if it works for you.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Jobs All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: