Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: SWherry
New Today: 22
New Yesterday: 59
Overall: 146181

People Online:
Visitors: 51
Members: 3
Total: 54 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Seattle are ITIL training
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seattle are ITIL training

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kball

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Seattle are ITIL training Reply with quote

Hi all, new around here. I am an experienced IT professional looking for some training in ITIL in the Seattle area, norther Seattle specifically. Can anyone make recommendations? I prefer classroom but would concider online if the training was that good.

Thanks
Ken
kball

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to expand a little bit.

I've done searches and found various online classes, but nothing for classroom. My concern with the online is that I have seen some that "teach the test", rather than the content. I'm hoping to avoid that. Once I find one I like, I can take a look at whether I want to by the books to supliment the course. I suspect yes, but I still don't know enough about ITIL to know that for sure.

Thanks
Ken
kelbyn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:16 am    Post subject: ProXalt ITIL training Reply with quote

Kevin,
I took an ITIL v.3 foundations classroom based training thru ProXalt in Issaquah in December. It was 2 days and really good - in the sense that i passed the foundations exam shortly after. They were running a special then - only $499 for the class. I doubt they are still offering it so cheaply. They have others scheduled in 2010, but they mentioned they are still in need of filling them. [www.proxalt.com]

I am now on the search for ITIL Intermediate exam prep classes. ProXalt does not offer any. And i have found very little offerings in our Seattle area. Did purchase one online, but like you am hoping to locate an in-person classroom session.
Let me know if you find any.

thanks!
Timo
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not from Seattle, but jsut wanted to chime in on the subject. I had same problem when trying to find local training for v2 Service Manager. Nobody offered it locally in Calgary. Traveling for this course essentially increases the budget two fold... Imagine if this was v3 beyond foundations?

I still don't get why so few companies offer v2 training at the advanced level? I think they are losing out because, especially in this tough times, very few organizations, let alone individuals, can afford they cost of advanced v3 courses.
kelbyn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: v3 Intermediate courses Reply with quote

I am actually looking for v3 courses. Like you mentioned, travelling doubles the cost of the class. And most of the in-person classes are already close to $3000 each - and i need to take 5 of them!
I have discovered some have 'virtual' attendance to a live course. Not sure how good. But i am going to at least try it for one class.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: