Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: NEskridge
New Today: 20
New Yesterday: 70
Overall: 143509

People Online:
Visitors: 48
Members: 1
Total: 49 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - CMMI & ITIL
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CMMI & ITIL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
webtoo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: CMMI & ITIL Reply with quote

hi Wallop,

I am in the process of evaluating both CMMI and ITIL to see which fits my company best.

Based on high level understanding, it seem like CMMI is more geared towards software development while ITIL is for IT services management.

I wonder how did you manage to have both work together?
jpgilles
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, CMMI and ITIL relate to 2 different areas so it's easy to have them coexist. Basically CMMI covers development and application management whereas ITIL (V2) is more focused on managing the production environment and services ...
scrufmonst

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: CMMI & ITIL Reply with quote

You might want to consider reading about IT Service Capability Maturity Model.

http : //www .itservicecmm. org/

This may give you more insight into the Service Side of CMM

Regards

scott
OhioScott
Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also been working with CMMI and ITIL integration. In my search of the web I came across an integration strategy from wibas, a German consulting company that I'm currently evaluating. At first glance, it seems very plausible. I've actually got a post on here asking if anyone else has any experience with it, they are calling it CITIL.

They don't provide free info but I've been able to piece together the process mapping. If you want to provide your email I can send you a copy of it. I've got it in a Visio document but can paste it into a Word document if you don't have Visio.
asrilrm
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This subject has been asked somewhere else, but take a look at
http: //www.wibas. de
The default language is German, but you can switch to English.
Find the subject CITIL (CMMi+ITIL)
m_croon
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Wibas website, I read: "The combination of ITIL and CMMI makes it possible to use CMMI's best practices also for an IT Operations organisation. Moreover covers the integrated model CMMI+ITIL the complete IT lifecycle with a common language and defined interfaces between operations and development."

I find that interesting as ITIL v3 by itself covers the entire lifecycle. Wibas focusses on ITIL v2 as becomes clear from the PDF that you can download: they talk of service support etc.

They have a poster on the site which is realy to small to see, you have to pay them to send you a copy.

Actually, there have been a number of consultancy firms such as the one I work for who have used the maturity model from CMM to develop maturity scans to asses (ITIL)processes.

Regards,

Michiel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Related Topics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: