Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: johnjodscs
New Today: 64
New Yesterday: 79
Overall: 144699

People Online:
Visitors: 63
Members: 1
Total: 64 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - What About Re-Opening an Incident
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What About Re-Opening an Incident

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angie C

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: What About Re-Opening an Incident Reply with quote

Hi all,

I want to know if an incident could be reopened , and in affirmative cases what's up with sla agreements , the incident could be modified?.

The incident's status must appear expired or reopened? When expired?

Or if definitely is not recommended to reopen an incident , which is the alternative road?

Thanks!!!
javierarcal
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: An incident should not be reopen from closed status Reply with quote

Hi Angie,

From my point of view and incident should not be re-opened.

I think status incident flow should be:
open->working->solved->closed

And an incident should only pass from status "solved" to "closed" with user confirmation, and by service desk people.

After an incident has passed to "closed" an incident should never be re-opened.

I think if this problem happens again a new incident should be opened, otherwise it will be very difficult to control some metrics for reliability like MTBF or MTBSI (mean time between failures and mean time between system incidents)

Hope it helps
Best Regards
Javier
Madrid-Spain
javierrmadrid@hotmail.com
elvis711

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: no re-open Reply with quote

It is my opinion that it does no good to re-open an incident. I have done it only once and that was to allow a user to attach a piec e of documentation, they were not a member of a role that allowed them to edit an incident when it was in a resolved/closed state. Only Service Desk staff can do that.
Mahmoud

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: An incident should not be reopen from closed status Reply with quote

javierarcal wrote:
Hi Angie,

From my point of view and incident should not be re-opened.

I think status incident flow should be:
open->working->solved->closed

And an incident should only pass from status "solved" to "closed" with user confirmation, and by service desk people.

After an incident has passed to "closed" an incident should never be re-opened.

I think if this problem happens again a new incident should be opened, otherwise it will be very difficult to control some metrics for reliability like MTBF or MTBSI (mean time between failures and mean time between system incidents)

Hope it helps
Best Regards
Javier
Madrid-Spain
javierrmadrid@hotmail.com

I support the idea not opening an incident record if it's been in a closed status, if there is another similar incident occurred from the same customer or other ones, you have to open a new incident record and create a problem record and associate both incidents to it

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> The ITIL Service Desk All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: