Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: WETJ
New Today: 37
New Yesterday: 89
Overall: 139455

People Online:
Visitors: 49
Members: 1
Total: 50 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Foundation Certificate - Where do I start?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Foundation Certificate - Where do I start?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Euro Djuro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: ITIL Foundation Certificate - Where do I start? Reply with quote

Hi there,

I am interested in studying for the ITIL Foundation Certificate and I dont know where to start!

I am based in the UK and i want to study privately.

Does anyone know where I can get training and of any useful websites on the internet (such as this one). I am on a tight budget so I cant afford to pay for all these ITIL books that cost a small fortune to purchase

I look forward to your reply

Regards

Euro Djuro
mcardinal
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is how I answered this same question for another post:

Quote:
Many other posts on the Forum also cover your needs, but here it is:

Your best bet is to study the Blue (Service Support) and Red (Service Delviery) Books, as well as to supplement it with other texts now available through many locations. You will only best examined on the ten core disciplines (cover in the Red/Blue Books).

In the US, you can take the exam at Prometrics locations (use web or phone book to find a local outlet). Most training providers want you to attend their class. Cost of the exam I believe is around US$ 200-250. 40 multiple choice questions.

However, by taking this route you will be missing some valuable interaction with others that can provide insight to the challenges and benefits of implementing Service Management.

Good Luck!

Michael

Not sure of the cost in the UK, but should be similar range. Check out the ISEB or OGC websites for training and exam info in UK.

Good Luck!

Michael
handyman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: re itil foundation course Reply with quote

Hi,

You can read a book called little itil which if you study it can get you through the course there are also cbt courses available. Your best bet would be to attend a training course and guarantee your pass.

If you google Purple Griffon they have a course in Kendal don't know how close that is for you.

Though since our US friend brought this thread back from the dead I suppose you have have sorted it by now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: