Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: LCarrier
New Today: 44
New Yesterday: 58
Overall: 146024

People Online:
Visitors: 51
Members: 1
Total: 52 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - IT-service blueprint by using ITIL
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IT-service blueprint by using ITIL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zhihaoweng

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: IT-service blueprint by using ITIL Reply with quote

Hallo everybody, i am newer in the range of ITIL. Now, I am working on IT-services blueprint for my company. I want to know, whether there is a standard methods or phases to implement this blueprint. I read 3 books (red,blue and green) about ITIL. But i always don't konw, where i should begin to implement this blueprint.

Thank you very much in advance! Smile
mcardinal
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Service (Blueprint) Design is one area in which the ITIL books are weak. Version 3 promises to expand this discipline. In the meantime here is a simplified process to follow:

-->Identify your customers
-->Identify their needs or requirements
-->Build a model or blueprint starting with the customer and moving towards the back-end technology
-->Choose one business product or service; identify the processes needed to produce the product or service; decompose the process into smaller and smaller steps; eventually you will find a level that crosses over to technology
--> Decompose the technology into a hierarchy of Configuration Items
--> Determine the level of the blueprint you wish to manage to; build agreements to manage from that layer up to the customer.

Hope this helps

Michael
rjp
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of things to compliment macardinal's post:

The Service Level Management chapter lists some of the problems you may encounter. Of particular significance (I think) is "monitoring of pre-SLA achievements" and the need to come to an agreement with you customers as to what that achievment actually is.

If you do not get an agreement over where you are starting it will be uphill from there.

I would say that, by going throuhg mcardinal's steps, you will put yourself in the position of being able to produce a draft version of a Catalogue of Services.

Note Section 4.4.1 of the red book (Service Delivery)

Quote:
A degree of 'detective work' may be needed to compile this list [of services] and agree it with Customers (sifting through old documentation, searching program libraries, talking with IT staff and customers, looking at procurement records and talking with suppliers and contractors etc).

And I would recommend that your objective is not a published Catalogue of Services, but one that is an agreed 'discovery document' of what is currently being delivered.

Have your customers with you as much as you can, and work to acknowledged agreement at each milestone.

From this document you can begin to draft your first round of Service Level Requirements and the following SLAs. After wich you will have some paramters for establishing your Service Level monitoring, reporting, review and improvement cycles from there.

As mcardinal indicated, a 'blueprint' (or service definition model), adapted to your situation should emerge from this 'initiation' process, and make it progressively clearer which aspects of your infrastructure need to be brought into the model.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: