Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: OEdmiston
New Today: 97
New Yesterday: 84
Overall: 143673

People Online:
Visitors: 52
Members: 1
Total: 53 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Annual reviews
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Annual reviews

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ok_kao

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Annual reviews Reply with quote

my team here is presented with a lot of changes (what else is new?). service owners are resistant to ITIL standards/processes (what else is new?) Very Happy anyway, i am trying to convince them that they need to have annual reviews with their internal service providers. so i've formalized this annual review document to help them have their annual meetings. Now how do i enlist them to go for it, to embrace the idea.
looking forward to your innovative suggestions Very Happy
asrilrm
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Can you tell us more detail about your situation?
Are you about to implement ITIL at your office?
If you are, the best way is to talk to your top management, have their commitment and support, make a policy; then things will be a lot easier.
ITIL is highly supportive to continuous improvement, so reviews should not be taken in annual basis. It should be regular (weekly, biweekly, monthly)

Cheers,
Asril
ok_kao

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are weekly and bi-monthly reviews but now the SR. manager/director wants to have an annual review just to determine the overall health of each service: e-mail, IM, Collaboration, etc.
m_croon
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Why does your manager want this only once every year?

Regards,

Michiel
asrilrm
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

With all due respect to Michiel's question (please answer), having a general review once a year besides the regular reviews would be a good thing to do. Again, it would be better to have it more than once in a year.
The best source for the review is the Service Catalog, if you have it already in place. If you haven't, I suggest you create it (I assume you've already known what the Service Catalog is)

Asril
m_croon
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m_croon wrote:
Hi,

Why does your manager want this only once every year?

Regards,

Michiel

Mike,

I did not read your post carefull enough. Could you please give some context on the purpose of the weekly and bi-monthly reviews. I assume they are much more operational than the yearly review you are talking about, but a bit of explanation might help giving you a proper answer.

Regards,

Michiel
ok_kao

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asrilrm wrote:
Mike,

With all due respect to Michiel's question (please answer), having a general review once a year besides the regular reviews would be a good thing to do. Again, it would be better to have it more than once in a year.
The best source for the review is the Service Catalog, if you have it already in place. If you haven't, I suggest you create it (I assume you've already known what the Service Catalog is)

Asril

thks. actually i am creating the service catalogue (90% done) which as you say can be a good guide. many thanks
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok_kao,

"just to determine the overall health of each service: e-mail, IM, Collaboration, etc."

You would have trouble getting me to be enthusiastic about such a vague and aimless purpose. What does the "SR. manager/director" propose to do with these reviews? Are we talking about a performance report? - with specified criteria? Should we be talking about improvement reviews?

Staff will find it easier to latch on to something with a clear purpose that is intended to benefit the business.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
ok_kao

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diarmid wrote:
ok_kao,

"just to determine the overall health of each service: e-mail, IM, Collaboration, etc."

You would have trouble getting me to be enthusiastic about such a vague and aimless purpose. What does the "SR. manager/director" propose to do with these reviews? Are we talking about a performance report? - with specified criteria? Should we be talking about improvement reviews?

Staff will find it easier to latch on to something with a clear purpose that is intended to benefit the business.

Hi, thanks! you are right. in my mind i feel it is more like a performance assessment of a service that is conducted ones a year (referencing: the generated reports of the bi-monthly reports, etc) - my manager does not communicate too well Smile and yet does not want to use the words performance, assessment... don't know yet what he plans to do with the reviews .

ahhhh!
asrilrm
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Sorry Guys but I see it differently.
I agree that the review must not be performance assessment but think about this:
- where are we now?
- are we doing things the right way?
- are we doing the right things?
- do we need to adjust to adopt new market demand, or new technology?

or some sort of questions like that.
We always do general review twice a year for that purpose.

Cheers,
Asril
brainfallon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell us what is the benefit of ITIL implementing to the company? office?
I have a website for [url="http://www.link54.com/"]baby boomers[/url], [url="http://www.link54.com/"]wealth management[/url]
brainfallon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell us what is the benefit of ITIL implementing to the company? office?
I have a website of baby boomers, wealth management for senior citizens
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrainFallon

What does your question have to do with the topic - Annual Reviews
Shirley, it would have been beter to create your own topic and ask the question you have

That said.

1 - I gather from your post you dont have any idea what ITIL is.
2 - I gather from your post that you did not bother to search the internet for any information other than arrive here to ask your question

Answers for you

ITIL details can be found at the OGC site, British Computer Society (BCS) site. or on the sites that are pointed out here.

In addition, you can read posts in all of the forums to gather some clues as to what ITIL is

So my answer is

It Depends

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: