Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: tapsdiodo
New Today: 55
New Yesterday: 106
Overall: 149932

People Online:
Visitors: 41
Members: 0
Total: 41

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Question about ITIL Description
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about ITIL Description

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eins_itil

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Question about ITIL Description Reply with quote

Hello!

recently I started to work with itil, and I still do not understand very much of itil. please explain to me just the individual steps, thank you ever!

01 Strategy

01 Financial
02 Portfolio

02 Design

01 Level
02 Catalogue
03 Information Security
04 Supplier
05 IT Continuity
06 Availability
07 Capacity

03 Transition

01 Knowledge
02 Change
03 Asset&Configuration
04 TransitionPlannning&Support
05 Release&Deployment
06 Validation&Testing
07 Evaluation

04 Operation

01 Desk
02 Technical
03 ITOperations
04 Application
05 Incident
06 RequestFulfilment
07 Event
08 Access
09 Problem

05 Continual Improvement

01 The7-StepImprovementProcess
02 ServiceReporting
03 Measurement
04 BusinessQuestionsforCSI
05 ReturnOnInvestementforCSI

Above all, what folder "Species" into where I should give

Tanke you a lot!

eins_itil! - herbert
eins_itil

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about ITIL Description Reply with quote

I only need a very short description- i already checkt the information by google, and wikipedia but it's to much and not very struced.. what files i have to give in what folder..

Tanke you a lot!

eins_itil! - herbert
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eins_ITIL

After reading your list, asking the chipmunks amd consluting with the squirrels, I can say the following

What you have captured is the Chapters in the 5 ITIL version 3 books

Instead of trying to short cut the process - by 1) asking us to fill in the blanks and pulling the books/ chapters, buy the books in order to fill in the blanks.

The books are expensive that is due to the fact that they are the IP of OGC / whoever is managing or mangling the IP rights for ITIL

In addition, the books, chapters and organization structure of the books really have no bearing on how ITIL is implemented

If you think any one of us is going to copy the details of each book and paste them for you, you obvious have not been here long enough

I also note you have no clue what ITIL.

Get your company / boss / etc to get you some training

Forum Designated Grumpy Git

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
eins_itil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

they are right, I do not have much of ahnung itil, but exactly why I am here! itil books are very expensive and very thick langwieirg so I wanted to use this forum to a quick solution to come!

here only prodoktuves post!
Thank you!
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is NOT a training forum for ITIL

This forum expects that the participants have at least the basic understanding of ITIL - such as

Foundation course / exam - V2 and / or v3
Practitioner courses - V2 / v3
Manager's course v2
Bridging course V2->v3

We the main posters - in my not so humble but grumpy opinion - provide advice, insight and our perspective on the implementation and issues that are from the implementation of ITIL

Go to the local country itsmf (country domain) and they will be able to point you to documents less expensive that the V3 books

There are little guide books that are relatively inexpensive- 10-20 vice the V3 books

BUT!!!!!

if you are going to use ITIL, implement ITIL etc, you should spend the money for the books .

It is well worth the expense and actually means that you are willing to put forth the effort yourself.

Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herbert,

what do you mean when you say that you have "started to work with ITIL"? Has whoever put you to "work with ITIL" given you guidance of what you are to do and what you are to learn and how you are to go about it?

What do you know of IT Service Management? How much experience do you have with IT service management? What is your role?

Just to give you a clue: the only people who "work with ITIL" are trainers and people involved with the design of the ITIL documents and qualifications. Everyone else just uses ITIL where they want/need to.

As John said, only exists for accessing the documents and is not a structure for planning or building an IT Service Management system.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
UrgentJensen
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has got to be a wind up!

(Beige badge)
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UJ,

you celebrating its monthiversary?

If it is a wind up does that mean the "individual steps" make a spiral staircase?
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this has to be a wind-up!

eins_itil, get some training. If you are working with ITIL, it's a must. At least read some material

Plan A (this is your best option) get your employer to send you to the Foundations training and buy the books and possibly join one of the professional bodies like itSMF. And then do some more training.

Plan B fund it yourself. Look around, there is quite a discrepancy in course costs. Don't know which country you are in, but find out if you can claim the training as a work related tax deduction.

It's your career, take ownership of it.

I'll give you an example. Next year I'm doing some ITIL v3 practitioner training as part of a University course. The unit that covers the training will cost me half as much as if I were to go to one of the organisations that runs ITIL training, such as Pink, ProActive etc. So I'll get more certification as well as a post graduate qualification. And there's nothing special about me!

It can be done, and if you think you deserve to have it, don't wait for some manager to decide it's time to throw some training budget currency your way (and expect eternal gratitude as well as blood from you in return)
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
UrgentJensen
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diarmid,

True, I didn't notice the date on this post, but it seems to be perhaps the best example to back up our general moans about lazy questions.

DY has just posted the similar to me, so 'bumpf!' this question gets the 'Wind-up And No Knowledge' award stamp of approval. I'm sure you can all work out the acronym for yourselves.

UJ

(Beige badge)
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the full title is

'Wind-up And No Knowledge Exemplery Representative'

UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided to fill in the blank for 'Wind-up And No Knowledge Exemplery Representative'

Here is the all the informationt hat is contained in the 5 books

abc edefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz-_:;,.?'!" 1234567890

The hard part is organizing it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Related Topics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: