Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ARolph
New Today: 24
New Yesterday: 59
Overall: 146183

People Online:
Visitors: 58
Members: 0
Total: 58

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - User Administration KPI's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

User Administration KPI's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stu274

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: User Administration KPI's Reply with quote

Hi all,
General ITSD query if I may please.
Just wondering if anyone has some existing user administration type KPI's for service desk staff.
We process access requests for multiple systems but depending on the request as to the amount of time to process it. I.e new user varies depending on amount of access & amount of time to create mailfiles on certain servers etc, user moves depends on mailfile sizes etc or can just be address book updates required, access changes could be entire role access changes or simply adding a datagroup etc & user deletes again can vary alot due to mailfile sizes & connection speed to required servers etc
Finding it difficult to be clear & concise with what we require in order to ensure staff are clear about what we expect them to produce etc for staff review measurements etc.
We have a few ideas but nothing that we feel entuirely comfortable with at this time.
Any ideas or suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stu273

Cheat

Take the tickets that you have and do some statistical and date/time analysis on them

Use them as a base line to figure out

Also, what does your policy documents, procedure and process documents say
what does any OLAs with the other groups say
etc etc etc

as far as KPIs... CoBIT provides some explicit ones

check out ISACA we site

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes think that, at that level, KPIs are little more than judgment calls.

If you use time taken on calls you have to take large numbers to even out the different types of issue raised.

If you take fix on call numbers you have to be sure which issues are capable of this fix by these staff.

You can look at correctly allocating calls to second line, but again you need significant numbers.

How true these statements (and many others that could be put forward) are, depends on what kind of calls you get and what the objectives of your service desk are.

The only way to get to the right KPIs is to map them to your objectives and the service requirements that you are responding to.

Too many organizations start with "what can we measure?" rather than "what do we need/want to achieve?"
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
Stu274

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the replies so far.

To be honest I feel one of our biggest problems is the systems we use & being able to get the data easily.
Our access request system is different to our call management system & we dont log the access requests simply due to volumes as would need two staff fulltime just to log them.
We do have some stats from the requests system but they are alot more difficult to setup/alter etc.

I guess what Im really trying to decide is can we just use request volumes or my other idea is to add an SLA to the request & do some calculations with the volumes in order to come up with like an hourly figure to indicate sufficient time is being spent doing the requests etc.

I think maybe I just have to run through some more scenarios with some of the previous data & see how I go but I just thought someone else may have similar issues & have some ideas I could run through.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> The ITIL Service Desk All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: