Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: C42U
New Today: 37
New Yesterday: 65
Overall: 147993

People Online:
Visitors: 56
Members: 2
Total: 58 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Sad Git
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sad Git
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Sad Git Reply with quote

I must be a sad git.

I seem to answer every post here - regardless how silly or serious

I guess it is just to see my name

or

is it because I like helping people... even if they are being grade 1 idiots or grade 2 lazy b'tards

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
UrgentJensen
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Git,

To my mind you are either less busy than everyone else, or a hugely dilligent person.

Also I'm not sure if you're having a moan about other people not responding but for me I've mostly stopped trying to answer the ones that can be answered with the 'it depends' resonse. Now and again I get a slight rush of inspiration but when there are questions about password resets and how many people there should be on the service desk I'd rather do some some real work (and that's desperate!).

Unless there's more interesting topics debated then the forum will lose interest. If it continues to just be mainly inexperienced questions then it's hard to get excited and repsond. In fact that's why I was keen to moan about the rain the other day.

My personal beef is that no one here takes v3 seriously (and I'm not saying I do!) - that, at least ,is where there is room for more stimulating discussion. Is it useable or realistic? How would you go about implementing it etc. But no, let's talk about password resets again. And you don't need ITIL for that...

UJ

(Beige badge)
MSP
Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Oh dear! Reply with quote

Guys,

I am relatively new to the the forum and I think within a week or so, I will have read every post here... Embarassed

I think the forum is great and have already learnt new ideas and views from people but to be honest I can see your lack of motivation!

I guess the forum does not create enough awareness to be hustling and bustling with questions and challenges!

Hotukdeals is what everyone seems to be talking about and the forums are pretty good! Remotely like this forum, it has nothing to do with ITIL! lol. Sorry, not plugging but just trying to help you prevent doing any real work!!! Twisted Evil
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am moaning about the fact that i am moaning about the fact

... endless loop ...

I also notice that the # of really really stupid questions can ceased or dropped to a low level

It is because we as a group has ridiculed the stupid questions by pushing them to the sixth book of V3

or is it because I would rip into them like a hungry cat does to fish

I found that there is another ITIL forum... but i have not look

the itsmf forum is also dead quiet

i note that when new people join they fall into 2 types

clueless about ITIL and their posts show that.. 1 or 2 posts and then they leave
understanding ITIL and more intelligent posts and they stay

DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I like this forum, and I like the posts. If you're a change manager like me, chances are you are working in a team of 1, and I've found the forum a good place to bounce ideas around, and if I feel I can contribute then I will.
But if someone doesn't bother to a)do some basic research or b) think about what it is they want to know or talk about, then they deserve to be flamed at the very least.
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
asrilrm
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DYbeach wrote:
But if someone doesn't bother to a)do some basic research or b) think about what it is they want to know or talk about, then they deserve to be flamed at the very least.

Sadly not everyone thinks the same. Some (if not many) had even fiercely counter the flame Sad
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try not to flame.. but 'to mangle an aussie phrase'

put the poor sod on the barbie....

lightly grilled of course

Some people who get grilled leave and never come back

some stick it out, learn and contribute

some just dont learn.

That is why there is the 6th book of V3

UrgentJensen
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DYBeach,

Yeah, good point about those of us without teams. Change Managers have that awkward balance of trying to cajoling everyone along in the right direction, but being a bit of a bastard when necessary too.

So in some respects your efforts to build good relationships can be undone rapidly and then you have to start again. Good Change Managers who understand this and can handle it are gold dust.

It's the weekend, oh yes!

UJ

(Beige badge)
JoePearson
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Sad Git Reply with quote

UKVIKING wrote:
I seem to answer every post here - regardless how silly or serious

Well, I've answered 0 posts in the past several months. But even when I have been active, I've had no patience with the exam questions, the certification programme questions etc. Your patience is exemplary. Very Happy

UrgentJensen wrote:
Unless there's more interesting topics debated then the forum will lose interest. If it continues to just be mainly inexperienced questions then it's hard to get excited and repsond.

I'm also here for the more interesting topics.

If things get boring we can always reopen the eternal "Process vs Procedure" thread. Evil or Very Mad
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooooo!

I would rather re-open the Reboot is change or Not thread

JoePearson.. look at the Sixth book thread

We need more topics

UrgentJensen
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather open the chipmonks or spaniels debate. This is raging across IT at the moment and heard that a group of militant chipmonks recently downed toods at the introduction of a canine Incident Manager....

Has anyone worked anywhere where most ITIL processes are functioning to a relatively mature level?

(Beige badge)
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classroom setting during my manager's course

JoePearson
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UrgentJensen wrote:
I'd rather open the chipmonks or spaniels debate. This is raging across IT at the moment and heard that a group of militant chipmonks recently downed toods at the introduction of a canine Incident Manager....

What were they doing with the toads in the first place?
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoePearson wrote:
UrgentJensen wrote:

What were they doing with the toads in the first place?

That a toothsome thought?
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
Benson112
Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought i would put my 2p's worth in here...

I come on this forum as a relatively in-experienced ITILer looking towards people i see as hugely experienced in the ITIL world.

I ahve had training between 3 and 5 years ago, and as my company is so divorced from the ITIL world, i lose alot of the knowledge i picked up from the courses. I do not have the luxury of having all the books to hand, neither the time to search through a breeze block book to find something that skirts around my question and doesnt really answer it following the "ITIL is not prescriptive" line.

When i come on here, i may ask what seems to be a stupid question to you guys, but to me its something i may never have experienced in the past, may have been taught about in a 3 day course some 5 years ago or something i have become confused with because of my companies insistance on doing it "their way" rather than ITILs.

I dont expect to be flamed for anything. you wonder why these forums are quiet? Thats exactly it. Look at any busy forum, they are created to provide friendly advice to not so experienced people, from the supposed guru's of the subject.

I understand it may be frustrating to re-answer old questions but if you guys want this to be busy...then you have to learn to suffer fools better Smile

Not having a go at anyone here, as i have never experienced flaming myself. I understand both sides of the argument, it just depends what you want this forum to be really chaps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: