Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ACamden
New Today: 32
New Yesterday: 58
Overall: 146012

People Online:
Visitors: 47
Members: 2
Total: 49 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Anyone interested...more than likely Midlands
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone interested...more than likely Midlands
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSP
Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Anyone interested...more than likely Midlands Reply with quote

Morning folks,

I may well be accused of being sad, ridiculous or trying to achieve the impossible.... Shocked

But...has anyone here tried to create a live forum...as in meeting face to face for discussions. OK before you start ripping my head off, this could be in a pub...where you discuss pure ITIL issues to share experiences, offer advice etc.

Even though while I'm writing this, I'm thinking I must be a sad ****** if I want to do this in my own time, I'd still be willing to dedicate a couple of hours a month to do it...

The only drawback is locality...are there many of you in the lovely West Midlands that would be interested......

"I'll duck now to save getting blasted!" Rolling Eyes
BorisBear
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Midlands ITSMF group (think they normally meet in Midlands or Wolverhampton) but from experience I would say that they're a bunch of theorists rather than 'do'ers.

I might be interested in being part of a forum - I'm based 'oop north' but I'm in Kingswinford at least once a week.
MSP
Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: ITSMF... Reply with quote

Ok, I'm in Central Bham and don't mind a trek...

I am no longer receiving emails from ITSMF as I changed my addy but if someone could pass on their email/phone number it would be good. I have attended one of their meetings and I have to admit it was very good but I didn't think they have many meetings...

p.s. I have to admit I wandered around google to peep over some other forums, but they're either flooded by our cross-atlantic friends or they have turned into market stalls, trying to sell addidas trainers!
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in london

The meeting for itSMF are usually all day ones and as a contract conslutant, I lose valuable money

The issue is that if you get official banking, your meeting becomes the least common denominator

A gathering of operational souls would be ok

but

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be a bit of a trek for me, but I would consider going if the navigation wasn't too complicated.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
MSP
Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Two's a couple... Reply with quote

OK looks like there's some interest here...

Well, it needs to be busy enough to be enjoyable and worthwhile, but not a 1:1 as people may get the wrong idea!

I could bring the samosas and pakoras, so now we just need:

1. To find a few more people
2. A venue that allows your own munchies
3. Someone to bring the tomato ketchup

Come on folks!!!

Smile
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would attend...even in the west midlands.. but on a friday night so i can play tourist on the weekend in the west midlands

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am based in Milton Keynes, so could make a meeting in Brum, although sometimes midweek I am away training.
swansong
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live on the Warwickshire / Leicestershire border, so B'ham wouldn't be too much of a trek (although I draw the line at visiting Wolverhampton. I am far too middle class to do that type of thing).

Subject to domestic arrangements, would be happy to attend....especially if it involves a beer and a curry.
Ed
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Northamptonshire, so could happily make the trek

Ed
MSP
Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Come on folks we're getting there! Reply with quote

Morning folks.

I am quite pleased with the response so far! I think meeting in a pub for about 2-3 hours would be good (I could get a venue arranged) and then maybe move on to an indian...I would offer my house but I doubt my mum will cook for 12 buzzing ITIL'ers.

You'll all be too busy assessing her level of services but then again here's a couple of SLA's...

a) When your p1ssed, anything will taste 100%!
b) Waiting over an hour for your curry, demands a service penalty (in this case another pint) Razz

hehehe...
RichardHaslam

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Just wondering after reading these posts if anything ever materialised. Would there be any feeling for a meeting in a suitable beverage serving hostel in Central London?
MSP
Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Non Materialisation of Idea Reply with quote

This didn't materialise. In fact come to think of it now, who would want to spend Christmas drinks with a group of ITIL freaks! It's bad enough at work. No offence intended...I'm one of you!!! Mad

MSP
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning to be in the UK for a week mid November, and an ITIL forum could be good. Plans are flexible so in theory I could go anywhere, especially if live music is involved (and naturally, any discussions around ITIL will be music to my ears Laughing ).

Like Diarmid I do not drink alcohol, so this could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be in the company of a teetotal Scot and Aussie simultaneously Cool
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
thechosenone69
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would join if it was in London.
ITILV3 Expert(Lilac Badge) Certified.

“If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing." W. Edwards Deming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: