Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: abedognis
New Today: 17
New Yesterday: 55
Overall: 146582

People Online:
Visitors: 39
Members: 1
Total: 40 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - About ITIL structure
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About ITIL structure

View previous topic :: View next topic  
franjeteque

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: About ITIL structure Reply with quote

Hi,

I am creating a template to describe the processes by which we want to implement ITIL. I would also like to describe another elements of the framework as roles, applications, etc...

The first thing that I've noticed is that the ITIL books don't have a fix structure to describe each process (for example some processes make specific mention to the roles involved and some others don't).

I would also like to create some documents describing the systems, like the CMDB, that support ITIL processes, but they are not explicity listed in any part of the books.

My question is:

Does anybody know where I can find a list with all the systems referenced in ITIL?

Does anybody know where I can find a list with all the roles referenced in ITIL?

Thanks in advance,
fran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does anybody know where I can find a list with all the systems referenced in ITIL?

Does anybody know where I can find a list with all the roles referenced in ITIL?

To my knowledge systems and roles are defined by what you need in your organization in developing a framwork. And developing a framework with documentation is what ITIL is all about.

For an example you might want to check out Microsofts ITIL/MOF. This shows how they used ITIL and created a Microsoft Operational Framework (MOF)

Each quadrant in this link represents service funtions (being roles) within the organization. Some areas describe the systems involved: microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/cits/mo/mof/default.mspx

Here is an executive overview of ITIL/MOF:
microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/cits/mo/mof/mofeo.mspx

Hope that helps.
mcardinal
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ITIL v3 rewrite will address many of the issues you raise: consistency, process flows, roles better defined. Look for that to begin coming out around the new year and then over the next couple of years.

As far as an overall framework, the new itSMF pocket guide begins to cover some of that. It is an overview of ITIL. A .pdf file of the pocket guide is available on the itSMF USA website (sorry no URL's on this Forum) Just do a Google on itSMF USA.

It has a great diagram (figure #14) that shows the interrelations among the books and processes.

Good luck!

Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: