Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: KennethMise
New Today: 6
New Yesterday: 73
Overall: 150044

People Online:
Visitors: 60
Members: 1
Total: 61 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Posting on the ITIL wiki?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Posting on the ITIL wiki?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterHMBrooks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Posting on the ITIL wiki? Reply with quote

I think that the Open ITIL wiki is an excellent idea and it has the basic framework to be really useful.

Why does it have so few contributors? Has it been marketed to other mailinglists, newsgroups or communities?

I have had some problems adding things to it. Do I need a password? If so, what is it? Is there some other problem?

I think that this could be an excellent central point for job offered/wanted postings, maybe even by country - that point to other sites. If they expired in good time it would be more useful than sites where old jobs remain for too long.

Wikis are wonderful because they aren't proprietory, they don't punt a particular line and they remain up-to-date.
ITILadmin
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter,

Access seems to be fine. The only page which is currently locked from edit should be the front page, which is used as a sort of index.

Maybe some other pages are temporarily locked if they have recently been changed (to stop 'deadly embrace')? Regardless of the cause, maybe you could let admin know which specific pages are locked? She will then unlock them. Alternatively, if you use the feedback option on the left of this forum, I will pass any comments on for you.

By the way, in case anyone is unaware, the ITIL wiki is located here:
http://www.itlibrary.org

I hope this helps,

Louise

PS: To answer your other question, it has not been marketed, as it is not meant to be a commercial resource (hence no budget). It is designed to be a public service offering. It does seem to be catching on (slowly) by word of mouth though... which I guess was the original idea.
PeterHMBrooks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITILadmin wrote:
Peter,

Access seems to be fine. The only page which is currently locked from edit should be the front page, which is used as a sort of index.

Maybe some other pages are temporarily locked if they have recently been changed (to stop 'deadly embrace')? Regardless of the cause, maybe you could let admin know which specific pages are locked? She will then unlock them. Alternatively, if you use the feedback option on the left of this forum, I will pass any comments on for you.

Thank you for that - I'll try again and let the administrator know if there are problems - I couldn't find the administrator e-mail, but I'll look again.

PS: To answer your other question, it has not been marketed, as it is not meant to be a commercial resource (hence no budget). It is designed to be a public service offering. It does seem to be catching on (slowly) by word of mouth though... which I guess was the original idea.

I didn't really mean marketing in that sense! I meant sending the odd e-mail to ITIL web-pages, lists or newsgroups letting people know that it was there - just like this discussion here.
ITILadmin
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterHMBrooks wrote:
I didn't really mean marketing in that sense! I meant sending the odd e-mail to ITIL web-pages, lists or newsgroups letting people know that it was there - just like this discussion here.
This is exactly how the wiki is intended to grow of course... word of mouth type 'marketing' if you like. It will never have a traditional budget, so depends upon this approach.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: