Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: EB06
New Today: 11
New Yesterday: 74
Overall: 131845

People Online:
Visitors: 36
Members: 4
Total: 40 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ฎ ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - V2 Mgr course - people wanted
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

V2 Mgr course - people wanted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CliveB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: V2 Mgr course - people wanted Reply with quote

Note to forum administrator – this is genuinely not an advert, and I was not sure what forum it belonged in, so I put it in both Certification and Training & Conferences.

All – Sorry but I only joined this forum to post this message – I do hope it does not sound like an advert because it is not meant this way.

I am posting this to see if there are any people out there who want to join me in an ITIL v2 Mgr course.

To explain. After over 2 years of waiting I finally got fed up waiting for my company to agree to pay for my Mgr course, so I am going to pay for it myself. However – the average cost seems to be around 3k – which is just too much for me to pay. So, I had an idea. I got in touch with a small accredited training company and asked how much it would cost to provide a ‘whole course’ – that is not just per seat, but how much in total (I was trying this because I know that training companies offer big discounts for ‘in-house courses). It worked, and they offered me a deal for an entire course – so all I have to do is fill the required number of seats.

So – bottom line - I am looking for a few other people to share the cost of this course with me. The cost is going to be around ฃ1,000 for the total course. This includes Service Support, Delivery and a Revision Day. On top of this are the exam fees and we will also have to split the cost of a training venue between the group (and all travel, accommodation etc).

I have already got a couple of my colleagues who are interested, but I need 3-4 more people to make it work (and keep the cost at 1k). I do not want too many more people, because I do not want more than 8 in total on the course (this is what the training company advised).

At the moment I cannot give you any dates or even a location. All I will say is that I want it to be asap, and the location will be decided when we know where all the people are coming from (I know it will not be London – too expensive).

So – if you are interested then get in touch. I want to stress that I am not interested in giving people info about the Mgr course and selling it to them. I really want people who are like me, who want the qualification, and are determined to get it, but have to pay for it themselves.
Oh – just to be clear – the training company we will be using is a fully ISEB accredited training company – and their pass rates for the Mgr are really good (I know – I checked it all out, and they even give me names of past Mgr students to talk to – they all recommended them highly).

If interested – then here is my e-mail

Clive.Barr@hotmail.com
DML
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clive,

Good for you - sounds like a cracking idea - best of luck getting the bodies together.

ChosenOne - I thought you were looking to get the Red Badge - looks like a good way to do it to me!
thechosenone69
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya I'd be interested actually. It's just the location that im worried about as Clive said: "(I know it will not be London – too expensive)." It will be hard for me to travel outside London.
CliveB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trhechosenone69,

Please do not take this the wrong way, but I do not think you will be suitable for this course. What I am hoping for is people who are as absolutely, determined and committed as I am to getting this qualification.

What I want are people who are not going to let anything get in their way. These are not the sort of people who are likely to be put off by maybe having to travel outside London – (to me) if this is an issue you do not want the qualification badly enough.

Sory to be blunt, but that is how I feel.
thechosenone69
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that one of the sales technique you have learned?

So you are sure that i'm not suitable for that course. Because I shouldnt let anything get in my way. Even if I have to lose my job for that. Great decision mate. Anyway Good luck in finding your audience tho. I will try to help you by asking some friends as well. "Who dont let anything get in their way"

Regards,

A
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clive

I think CO69 took it the right way. You told him to piss off.

The Manager's course is 2 weeks long. In addition to the location, the students either

a) must not work / take holiday for 2 weeks. If people like me who are contract whores, this means NO INCOME for two weeks - while having HIGH EXPENSES ( Course, travel, lodging, food and bills)

b) get the time off from their employer w/pay - which usually means the employer pays the course work and then there usually is an expectation of continuing with that employer

CS69 will take his course work - when it is a) beneficial and cost effective for him based on his career / job roles / requirements

Like he said: good sales technique.

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
DML
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bl%^& hell,

Sorry I ever responded to the orginal message now.

Handbags!

Mind you re-reading it all I am not even sure why eveybody seems to be getting upset - all seems a bit daft.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DML,

The only irritation was the reaction from Clive to CO69.

I think it is a good idea - however 2 weeks is a lot of time and money (wages) for people not taking into consideration the costs involved in the course - the course, lodging etc

It is a big undertakign for someone. I think Clive's phraseology about the desire for the Red badge to CS69 was a bit off... i know that is funny / ironic coming from me....considering my polite and helpful sense here on the board

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
vachans

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Location Reply with quote

If this is bangalore then I can re-think on this and what are the topics covered in this course.I have completed v2 & v3 ITIL foundation one. Is their any eligibility criteria.

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: