Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ABurks
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 85
Overall: 139414

People Online:
Visitors: 54
Members: 0
Total: 54

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Teaching ITIL
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching ITIL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tolman101
Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Teaching ITIL Reply with quote

As an individual tentatively interested in providing ITIL training can anyone advise what the options might be to get involved with this?

Liz G has provided some info but that was aimed at company accreditation and before APMG got involved. Also having scanned the APMG site I can only find information for companies that would like to be accredited but nothing for individuals

Any advice appreciated.

Matt
thechosenone69
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Matt,

Please give us some more information so we can help you with this:

What ITIL Certificates are you holding?
What ITIL Courses are you welling to teach?
Are you going to be teaching at an accredited training center?

I guess this kind of question had been covered before. I would advise you to do more reading on this forums, you will find very useful information

Kind Regards,

A
BorisBear
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who nearly went down this route (having had experience as a trainer in other areas), I had an accredited company who agreed to take me on first of all as a seondary/trainee trainer (forget what the actual term is).

The plan was that I would start off observing another trainer and after a period I would present some of the subject matter to the students under supervision from an accredited trainer. After a further period of gradually doing more of the training presentation someone from the examining body would come and observe me in action as well as going through my credentials and interviewing me. Then and only then if they were satisfied would I be an accredited trainer.

I was told that for me the whole process would take between 3 and 6 months.
tolman101
Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly me. I just read the "train the trainer" thread which has some insightful information.

I currently hold the v2 and 3 foundation plus the v2 support and restore practitioner certificates. At this point I am looking into the possibility of providing foundation level training at our company as well as training people in our adaptation of the ITIL processes (how we do it).

After reading the "train the trainer" thread my understanding is that it would be possible to provide foundation level training leading to an online test and certification only. Anything above and beyond that would need accreditation from ISEB, EXIN or APMG.
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can train Foundation without accreditation, nothing higher. You would need a Manager certificate or higher level V3 qualifications before you could go through the process.
If you contact ISEB, they have just released a new version of their "Requirements to be a Trainer" document in the last week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: