Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ACamden
New Today: 32
New Yesterday: 58
Overall: 146012

People Online:
Visitors: 47
Members: 2
Total: 49 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Updating the forum policies
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updating the forum policies
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ITILadmin
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reality is that we simply do not have the money, resources, nor the time, to re-develop the software to deliver such a system.

Another reality is that you, Joe, just posted a direct link in a post in the ITIL Certification category of this forum. (and that link was to another forum). Yes, I've deleted the post.
JoePearson
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITILadmin wrote:
The reality is that we simply do not have the money, resources, nor the time, to re-develop the software to deliver such a system.

But I am offering the resource and time to work on this. Money? phpbb is free and so are the mods. Do you mean hosting costs? They shouldn't change. Who pays for the hosting costs currently, if I may ask?
JoePearson
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITILadmin wrote:
Another reality is that you, Joe, just posted a direct link in a post in the ITIL Certification category of this forum. (and that link was to another forum). Yes, I've deleted the post.

Can you explain exactly what the policy is? I say again it should be written down somewhere.

You delete every single post that contains a formatted link, but you allow links that are slightly obfuscated like www dot domain dot com - is that right?

Why?
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoePearson:

NOW YOU SEE WHY

I

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
ITILadmin
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKVIKING wrote:
JoePearson:

NOW YOU SEE WHY

I

Exactly!

Links encourage spam links, and LOTS of them.

The bottom line is that what we have works. We have no money, no tech development resource, and after spending hours every day supporting it, we have no time either.

The other bottom line is that until now, no-one has ever complained about our no-link policy: a policy that has not exactly hindered the growth of this forum (unless I am mistaken, I can't find any other ITIL specific forum that is even remotely near to the size of this one, either in membership or content). So just maybe we are doing ok.

One last point, Joe: remind me why you posted a link yesterday to another forum? You can hardly state that you didn't know the policy.
JoePearson
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITILadmin wrote:
One last point, Joe: remind me why you posted a link yesterday to another forum? You can hardly state that you didn't know the policy.

But I don't know the policy. I can only guess, because it's not written down. Are non-commercial links accepted? It seems not. You accept obfuscated links, but where's the boundary? Is it enough to remove the or is it also necessary to replace some .s with 'dot's?

Is this even a useful discussion? Let's close it now.
asrilrm
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks,

I'm afraid Joe is right with his question about policy.
I have to be honest that I myself haven't found any sticky or thread that covered forum's policy.
Or I could have missed it.

Just because of my curiosity that I found out that links to external sites were removed, but links to threads in this forum were allowed.
Of course technical reason would not be reasonable for the above because whether it's linked to external or internal, it would have more or less the same impact to the system.

But yes, this discussion is getting into my nerve, and I agree to end this.

Cheers,
Asril
ITILadmin
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The policy is pretty obvious: no external links, for equally obvious reasons. It is exactly the same policy as plenty of other forums, including Andy's ITIL group over at Yahoo.

I will lock it the thread though.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: