Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: MCilley
New Today: 34
New Yesterday: 55
Overall: 148156

People Online:
Visitors: 71
Members: 0
Total: 71

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Help ! Anyone done Manager Certificate Exam / Training?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help ! Anyone done Manager Certificate Exam / Training?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Help ! Anyone done Manager Certificate Exam / Training? Reply with quote

I am looking for anyone who has completed the manager certificate training and exam to answer a couple of simple questions.

1. Is it really necessary to go on the course or is all the content in the Service Delivery & Support books?

2. What is the exam like? Multiple choice? Essays?, etc.

I would be really grateful for any answers. My email is john.oxley@johnoxley.com
hyette

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can I suppose read both the books, then sit the exam. However, you may end up swamping yourself with more information than you really need.

My personal view is at Manager's level, a course is almost essential. Not only do they present the right information you need (leaving you to also read relevant sections in book to "read around the subject", but also provide exam techniques/test papers throughout. In addition, on the course I attended, there were practical sessions, which helped to drive home the salient points. There is also a revision day, just before the exam, where you sit yet another test paper, this really helps you to see if you have done enough work ! You then have time to cram it all in, or realise its a lost cause Smile All this was included in the whole Manager's Certificate costs + exam when I did it.

The exam is 2 x 3 hour written papers, over two days. Perhaps that gives an indication of why taking the course is the best approach. You also get to meet a variety of people from different companies and see how ITIL is being implemented. I found this brilliant.

Hope this helps, I have details of good provider if interested, lishyett@hotmail.com.
Leif

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Help ! Anyone done Manager Certificate Exam / Training? Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
I am looking for anyone who has completed the manager certificate training and exam to answer a couple of simple questions.

1. Is it really necessary to go on the course or is all the content in the Service Delivery & Support books?

2. What is the exam like? Multiple choice? Essays?, etc.

I would be really grateful for any answers. My email is john.oxley@johnoxley.com

Hi,

Quoting the ITIL Qualification Scheme, 1.4.3. "Candidates must hold the Foundation certificate and must attend a formal training course run by an Accredited Course Provider. The examination consist of two written papers. Three hours are allocated for each paper and 60% of the questions are based on a case study sent to the candidates prior to the examinations. In order to be awarded the certificate, candidates must pass both papers."

Thanks,

Leif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned before,it is a must before you can take the exams.
Even during the 2*5 days training, you will be evaluated.
The trainers will check your ability to present and how 'managerial' you are in you're way of solving the tasks they give you.
I can only say, find yourself an institute who has really good trainers.
They can help to make the difference during the exams.
We even got an trial exam, so you could feel what is felt like and where you had to improve...
The exams are to be taken in a period of 24 hours, so you will have typically Service Support in the afternoon and Service Delivery the day after in the morning.
There is a new rule out. If your mother tongue is not English, you will have 3 hours and a half time per exam.
And believe me, you want all the time you can get....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: