Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: SCarneval
New Today: 11
New Yesterday: 91
Overall: 141923

People Online:
Visitors: 69
Members: 2
Total: 71 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ģ ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - SLM Sample Report Needed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SLM Sample Report Needed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BorisBear
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UrgentJensen wrote:
Yeah I agree it can seem a bit too hostile, I don't really think it's needed to that degree, but I stand by my original post.

Do you think it was agressive?

I thought it was observational if somewhat frustrated. It wasn't even really aimed at the guy that started this thread, just the slow and increasing pull of grabbing hands.

Also, this forum caters for job advertisements and because of the nature of the subject matter you'll get a fair percentage of consultants frequenting the site. The knowledge that is being grabbed at is effectively their bread and butter.

I am not a consultant as it happens and perhaps that's why I'm vociferous but a little less agressive. And delirious without my pills.

I'm not justifying an agressive attitude either, but you can't expect more than what you get here in terms of a free 'service'.

UJ

To be honest I wasn't specifically referring to you, more to the general tone. I love my work and am a bit of an ITIL Evangelist but even so I raise questions in the knowledge that there are people out there with more and different experience than me in certain areas. If I was talked down to I wouldn't appreciate it and I would try to freely offer my help/advice where I can help.
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes feel bad about the responses on the forum.
My two bob's worth (yes I am old) is that I'm happy to share my knowledge and am not precious about the fact that it has been obtained at some cost to me. After all most of my colleagues past and present are similarly generous.

However we are professionals and it does not behoove us to be spoon fed. I would not ask for help without a good crack at solving a problem myself - RTFM usually, and it's reasonable to expect the same of others.
The IP issue is a real one, though. There are many ways to cripple your career and I don't need an extra one!
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
Ala6782

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Boris,

Sharing idea and helping others are what I think this forum is about.

Hi Diarmid,

I understand that an SLM report correspond to an SLA, and I thought if I get some samples and understand how each of these reports help in improving the IT services, then I can make some suggestions in how an SLM report should look like, as I find my boss a report-fan person.

Youíre right, my question is about the report not about the SLM role.

Ukviking, I see you're putting effort in telling others what I mean an want.

Hi DYbeach,

Yes, youíve been nice. Iím not sure about the scope of the agreement you signed, but Iím just asking for sort of knowledge we might be willing to share.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ala

Thanks of r all the kudos and blather but

You still have not answered my original question

How much training and experience have you have with ITIL best practice

&

I fyou work for a congolomorate..... shirley there are samples of SLM Reports within the company

what does the SLM report look like at the moment and why

if you provide some idea of what it looks like / no data...

maybe we can answer you and help you

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Ala6782

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello BorisBear,

Hope this finds you well!

You know, I have just realised that my thread has ended up to be 3 pages, and that you have been explaining about the stuff. When I put my previous post, I think Iíd missed up a great part of the correspondence.

I find youíve been fair and the most understanding person. You didnít jump into conclusions or stepped into others mind. Youíve been quite objective and assertive. I appreciate that of you a lot.

I just didnít like the way some posters were aggressive and using impolite words to describe others at the time they could have just refrain from posting stuff and providing people with unwanted advice. For that I just ignored the whole thing and posted that short reply quickly and missed that part of the correspondence.

Hi UKVIKING,

You sound to me now polite.

Anyway, now I donít think I need the template/sample any more, at least for the time being. And the reason I didnít reply to everything is that I donít have time for everything. When I felt some questions and comments were built on unfair assumptions, I just ignored them.

In fact, I didnít tell about what I need the report for, what my position in the conglomerate is, what the position of ITIL in my conglomerate, ... etc. I see the whole thing was all assumptions and I didnít like the way I was being talked to.

I deserve all the respect from everyone here, just like what I guess you think of yourself, and I am the one who can tell exactly what I mean by something I said in case on confusion.

I may require another help tomorrow. It depends on a meeting which is starting very soon.

Regards to all,

Ala
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ala

Which words do you find impolite ?
Can you provide a list of them so that we can get the adminstrators of this site to strike them from the vocabulary ?

This is a free site. The only requirement here to join is the ability to create a login account.
Any and all have the right and ability to make any kind of comment about any post in the various forums.

the fact you dont like the answers .... well my response is ..... politely speaking ... is ..... and ?

The vulgar response .... well .... is tough fecal matter

Me.... polite... pfffts

I have decided to quit being the GoG for a while and be the sarcastic b'stard I haev anlways dreamed of.

If you are working a conglomerate, ITIL Best Practice, Sarbanes Oxley, CoBIT, PRINCE2, PMP, ISO27001, ISO 20000, ISO 9000/9001 Six Sigma, CMMi, SDLC, MOF, TOGAF, etc as well as GAAP will be found in various parts of the conglomerate. You should have merely asked.

In addition, the Service Delivery (v2) book has an example of a SL Report. ITIL Best Practice is suggestive guide to do things.

NOTE: I had to write / develop a capacity management report to be distributed based on the information the Network Monitoring and Reporting tool provided. I asked the primary recipients what did they want
T
They merely said... We want to know how much of B/W is being used and whether we need more capacity.

Using that information (limited), I produced my first draft for myself
I put daily, hourly weekly monthly, quarterly statistics for the various links
Then I looked at the report and tried to see what information has more or less meaning

I dropped daily & hourly. The report was weekly so i concentrated on what information I could provide on a weekly basis - consistantly.

I used the montly / quarterly stats to show trends

The report was well received and over time shows links that were increasing faster than the norm etc

Finally, to be honest, I dont care if you work for a conglomerate, a small business, government organization...
the rule of the games -
TANSTAFL.
Free advice is free. Do not expect it

Good luck and when you decide to post more questions, please do so

Maykov

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: SLM Sample Report Needed Reply with quote

We're currently developing SLM reporting, and our business is somewhat similar to yours.

First, the reporting is not "short and Sweet". We started with system availability based on system events, focusing on our critical systems (those requiring 24x7 or critical to business ops with a 99.9% target).

All events are added to an incident/problem mgt database. The data is tracked, and we aggregate total to produce availability charts (# of incidents and outage time). We also take the critical events, and look at reliability numbers based on incidents. These charts are summarized on a monthly basis into nice 8x10 glossies for Leads to discuss next steps in improving our services.

So, with this background, my first question would be do you have the data to track, what are you using to track and where are you looking to start (there's a big difference between tracking a service request and tracking system performance hits).

Thanks,
Thomas

Ala6782 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Would anyone have an XL sample of how a short & Sweet SLM report should look like?

I work for a conglomerate which runs many businesses and has 1000+ IT users. And we register in average 1000 tickets monthly.

Thank you very much,
Ala6782

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Thomas,

Nice to hear from you! You sounded very cooperative and I like that of you.

I have resigned my job and am in the process of establishing my own ambitious business. Once it will grow enough where I will need a huge and sophisticated IT environment, I may come back to this forum.

My best wishes to whoever was appreciative and helpful!

Have a nice day Wink

Ala
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I refuse to comment.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
nasz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread made me laugh so much I had to leave the office!
sherry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infact from the very 1st post i did guess who this person is.some key words taht use in your speaking well reflected in your writings too..btw i really don't udnerstand what you mean by short and sweet SLM report.

It t is extensive enough for the business to understand how far the IT department has kept their commitent that they have signed with them in the form of an SLA and as well for IT to gauge their performances internally in par with their OLAs and UCs.As righly said by many of our ITIL Gurus here, SAL role can only be played by a person who has a good depth of ITIL knowledge backed a good industry experience starting from the basic ITIL processes.

There was aleady a new good and extensive report and why should you cut it short to a page? Just to finish the task for the sake of it or may be you are forced to? then i guess ITIL shouldn't have been implemented there. Laughing Shocked

Anyways all the best for your new business and guess are heading to your horizon-NZ?
viv121
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ala,

Sure you don't want others to quit their jobs. Guys out here might not be as ambitious and not have worked in conglomerates. Thanks for your appearance though. You have just re-inforced the ethos on which this forum work and what ITIL tells. Try some ethical hacking and you'll get the templates you were looking for. Please not ask how to do the hacking here. Its suggestive and not prescriptive. Thanks for your disappearance now. Once you have made enough money, please consider hiring one of the 'rude' boys from here.

Vivek
"the only statistics you can trust are those you falsified yourself"
Winston Churchill
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To summarize

Nasz has bladder control problems or a very donkey like laugh as he or she had to leave the room after reading this thread

I am still a grumpy ole git.

BorisBear is the calm one in the corner

Ala6782 is doing his?her own thing

The answer to the question 'What is a short sweet report'

Post-IT note attached to a cookie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Service Delivery All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: