Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: RBleakley
New Today: 70
New Yesterday: 82
Overall: 143899

People Online:
Visitors: 50
Members: 1
Total: 51 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ģ ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL V2 Manager Exam
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL V2 Manager Exam
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newbie55

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: ITIL V2 Manager Exam Reply with quote

Hi-

After a couple of weeks, I am going to take ITIL V2 Manager exam and our case is LDC. As I read messages in this forum, I noticed that several people mentioned chaos analysis of the case. Would you please describe in detail how you perform chaos analysis?

On the exam day, could you advice some tips?

Thank you all,

Matt
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you also notice the vast number of posts about the manager's exam - tips etc

Please read theprevious posts about the exams. They are still current regardless of what the case study is

and the casestudy is on for 3 of the 5 questions each day

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Walid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: where are the previous post you always talk about Reply with quote

i used your search engine and result was 0 for manager's exam or just exam.

Viking please show me one post.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walid

While a search may not have worked, I was able to find 3 !!! in a space of seconds

How did I do this.

I looked at the title of the posts that are on this forum

I went to page 2, I went to page 3 etc

I looked for Manager Exam ... service manager ... red badge etc

and I noted... quite funny though that my post is usually the last

Try that. Walid. If you use the mouse and scroll through the list of topics / post on page on of this forum, then click on NEXT - you may find some information

Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ITIL V2 Manager Exam Reply with quote

newbie55 wrote:
Would you please describe in detail how you perform chaos analysis?

Matt,

if I did that, how would you verify that I knew what I was talking about? If two people did it, but differently, how would you determine if either of them had a clue about it?

I do not recommend using the forum in quite this way.

If you stick to more general or superficial levels you will often find helpful responses that are fairly self-validating, especially if you are already familiar with the matter in hand.

Reliable information on subjects you know little about is better gleaned from verifiably reliable sources.

So, if I knew anything about chaos analysis, I would do no more than point you towards such a resource. But I don't and so I can't.

However, if it was not presented on your course and is not discussed in detail in the books and you are unfamiliar with it, I would suggest that you have little need of it and would get little benefit from it in attempting to pass the exam.

Use your own experience to inform your approach to the questions. It will be much more fruitful.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
Black_bear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Chaos analysis Reply with quote

What is chaos analysis? I have the Red Badge but my training provider did not mention it on the course or at the revision day. I am curious to know what it is and whether I can apply it at work. I have 'googled' chaos analysis and Service Management but nothing comes up
Walid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: RTFQ and practice Active listening, V Reply with quote

You are really a viking,
Anyway People, Search that is near the drop down menu "Topics" is not linked to the content of the Forum. viking should know that by now.

To search the Forum use the other Search that is in the blue area in the menu that is under the Title "The Itil Community Forum: Forums"

To search use Viking's method listed below but please ignor his mean way of expression.

P.S: Viking your responds in this forum, is no better than any linux forum
check this article then go out, leave the forum, your contributions negatively impacting the forum and the prove is that your replies are always the last one in any topic.

"The Linux culture isn't always responsive to the common user
This all brings us to the last reason Linux isnít triumphing over Windows: the Linux community and the users and advocates themselves. Linux is a geekís OS. I donít mean geek in a derogatory way and certainly include myself in the term: a very technically skilled user who derives pleasure from the technology itself.
The problem is that geeks are not the majority. We donít drive the market, the Average Joes of the world do, and Linux geeks in particular donít seem to be receptive to that. In an already unfamiliar and more difficult environment, when people using Linux for the first time encounter a problem and turn to the community for help, too often they're met with ridicule. They don't want to hear, ďAll you had to do was recompile the kernel.Ē
While this is not the case for all users, and there are plenty of dedicated individuals providing free support in the forums around the world, until Linux users as an entire community can accept that all users are not programmers or even power users, there is no chance of their operating system of choice coming out on top."

nothing personal viking.
Regards,
UKVIKING wrote:
Walid

While a search may not have worked, I was able to find 3 !!! in a space of seconds

How did I do this.

I looked at the title of the posts that are on this forum

I went to page 2, I went to page 3 etc

I looked for Manager Exam ... service manager ... red badge etc

and I noted... quite funny though that my post is usually the last

Try that. Walid. If you use the mouse and scroll through the list of topics / post on page on of this forum, then click on NEXT - you may find some information
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walid

OK. Fine. Yes. And.

You still have not answered any of the questions I asked

You still have not let us know whether you went through this forum (certification) and looked at all of the Service manager's exam posts - there are several posts about tips etc

Walid, this is a forum about ITIL Best practice. while the forum gets posts - like
what is ITIL
I want to study ITIL what should I do
What are the answers to the exam for ....
the forum posters (me included) prefer questions by people who have more detailed / focused questions

How should I use KPIs or SLAs in the service desk
How to do KPIs in 2nd line support

And then we provide our ideas/comments/etc on how to make ITIL and all of its bits work better for the poster

I dont like lazy unthinking people - who dont use the tools available to them - to find out about itil. there are several authorative site in ITIL. This is NOT.

I have been to tech like the Linux site and I understand what you are saying - but even when I go there, I usually do my best to be well informed - generally - about what the site is for before I open my mouth and text

So I aint leaving. After all, I have to reach 10k first.

So back to the topic at hand.

Are you studying for the Manager's certificate
When are you scheduled for the exsam
when did you take the courses
what sort of information did the instructors provide you - sample questions, exercises etc, notesm books etc
Why are you so interested in the CS - as they change every exam
Are you have an issue on how / what / etc to study as to structure
are you concerned about sitting the exam .. how to practice

While the last few posts have been about crap, the original post was about the Manager's exam and the March Case Study - I questioned its relevence

And one last thing. I am not a viking.. i may resemble Joel Vietch's - viking kittens - Led Zepplin and the Immigrant song

but there is a more apprpriate description in the Change management forum of me (grin)

BorisBear
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is turning into a childish argument.
MBU
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, most of the time I've the impression that the posters are > 18 y, so by definition they are noch children any more. Maybe a KPI about the average "felt infantile-ness" (sorry for my bad english) could help to measure and control ...; sorry, far too many too old easter eggs.

"I can't say it'll be better if it changes, but I can say it has to change to be good"
G.C. Lichtenberg (1742 - 1799)
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All

My Childish KPI is always High
My pedantic, anal rententive response time SLA is set really high

If Walid has concerns about studying for the exam, he should ask

I will let some one else answer first.

I have adjusted my SLA for posts now..

Everyone else needs to shorten theirs (grin) :twisted:

BorisBear
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think UKVIKING is over-tired and has had too many E numbers.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope

Just using the forum to do Crazy Ivans

reference to book / movie

newbie55

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I want to get an answer to my question of chaos diagram/analysis. Just brief explanation of what it is. Why do you all make this hard? Don't understand.

Anyways, thank you all
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie55

Chaos Diagrams ? What are they ? Never heard of them ? Did not use this concept when i studied. As you have asked - using groucho's magic word, I will try to answer

The CS and the exam.

The CS contains a brief about what disciplines(and the 1 function) that is known about the company. Usually, a couple of SS and a couple of SD disciplines and maybe even the Service desk function statement

When I studied / practiced writing / answering the questions I would think the exam may make.

I would list what disciplines were on and not on the CS
I would answer the benefits, costs, activities etc for the disciplines on the CS
i would look to the exercises and sample questions I received and see if I could apply the questions in them

I would then go...

if the CS has this discipline

what are the obvious parts missing, needed etc

I would do that for all 10 disciplines / 1 function

I would call that GAP Analysis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: