Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ACrofts
New Today: 21
New Yesterday: 54
Overall: 146234

People Online:
Visitors: 54
Members: 0
Total: 54

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL V3 Exam not like the practice test
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL V3 Exam not like the practice test
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no results yet. It seems they have gone to the University, and all the results (ie from the myriad other courses they run) are released on the same day - May 7 I believe.
So nails will be bitten, fingers will be crossed and offerings to graven images will be made until then, and celebrations aftwerwards hopefully (although it will be hard to top Cheech and Chong live the evening after the exam Laughing Laughing Laughing )
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
benji1304

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the V3 foundation course last August/September - we had a great trainer who helped as much as he could.

There was a class of about 10 people and we did approximately 8 mock tests - i passed every single one apart from one. When the real paper came everyone in the class was stunned how different it was to the mock papers.

The wording of the questions had changed considerably, the answer format seemed to have changed and it threw everyone off. My work colleague who was also on the course ended up failing.

We explained this to our trainer and he was going to put a comment/complaint into 'the powers that be'. Although, he did explain that the exam was still being finalised (even in September 2008!) and that may explain why the wording had been changed from the previous exams.
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I discovered it's not the Uni that's holding up the results. They just haven't arrived yet. This thursday it'll be 3 weeks.
Not Happy, EXIN Evil or Very Mad
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know (Liz perhaps?) if the V3 Service Transition exam is very different to the Release, Control and Validation exam?
I had a look at the EXIN website and their information is not definitive.
thanks
PMI CAPM (R)

DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXIN sent out the wrong paper. They sent Service Transition. Pretty much everyone in the class failed. We had been studying for RCV. There is a 40 to 50% overlap, and the focus is different.

There is some serious butt kissing going on.

At the time I noticed the name of the paper was not RCV but thought they must know what they are doing. Also the exam supervisors wouldn't know what to do about it. They are paid to hand out papers, make sure nobody cheats, take the papers back and send them to the Uni.

Was going to query it with the Uni but went on a week's holiday pretty much straight after the exam and forgot. Got suspicious when it was taking ages to get results back. Called EXIN and they said they couldn't talk to me but I should contact the Uni and they will tell me. This is when the penny dropped.

Did not start thinking it was funny until the evening.
PMI CAPM (R)

aucade
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@DYbeach

There is a general difference between the lifecycle stream and the capabilty stream. The lifecycle exams are easier and go more into the lifecycle details (very abstract). The capabilites are more for practioners and go deeper into the process details, without going to deep into the lifecycle itself.

Did you pass?

BTW: I just got my results from CSI and SO&A. I Passed each with 40 points. Very Happy Now I just need to do my RC&V and MALC exams, then I`m finally done.
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First things first. Aucade, congrats on those awesome marks. 40 for two practitioner exams is no mean feat, you should be proud of yourself.

Did not pass Crying or Very sad but this was not the exam I had prepared for so I am not too upset. Am yet to find out my mark, hopefully I will be able to. Was not surprised and actually walked out of the exam thinking the focus of all my study had not been right. Which was correct as I eventually worked out.

Keep telling myself there is a funny side

I think 1 person out of the class passed.

EXIN will wipe this result off our record, as it was not the paper we were supposed to have done.

The class has the option to re-sit at no expense to us (as it should be as it was not our mistake) and the Uni is offering us more tutoring. We can sit in on the next session but this is not being offered until early in 2010. We are hoping the co-ordinator wil be able to run some sessions for us in the meantime. Pretty much everyone is doing more study in other topics this trimester, towards whatever piece of paper they are working towards - Masters, Grad cert or industry certification subjects.
PMI CAPM (R)

aucade
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

So after going through the v3 curriculum (since october last year) I finally did my last exam on monday. Apparently I`m one of the first worldwide. Shocked I should be getting my results in the next two weeks, then I can apply for my ITIL Expert status.
COBIT Practitioner (ISACA)
BorisBear
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aucade wrote:
Hi,

So after going through the v3 curriculum (since october last year) I finally did my last exam on monday. Apparently I`m one of the first worldwide. Shocked I should be getting my results in the next two weeks, then I can apply for my ITIL Expert status.

Now all you need to do is get a bit better at Six Sigma and you will become a process Demi-God.
aucade
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It`s on my list for training next year. Wink
BorisBear
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aucade wrote:
It`s on my list for training next year. Wink

Define, Mesure, Analyse my friend......Define, Measure, Analyse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: