Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: JFinn
New Today: 9
New Yesterday: 54
Overall: 146222

People Online:
Visitors: 61
Members: 1
Total: 62 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Passing the Foundation Exam
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Passing the Foundation Exam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMuir

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Passing the Foundation Exam Reply with quote

Since I'm new to the forum, I though that the best way to start posting would be to offer some advice on passing the Foundation exam.

I do ITIL consulting and training and have taught the Foundation course about 20 times in the past year. We use the EXIN exam, although I personally sat ISEB foundation and Managers, and my current pass rate is about 96% with an average score of around 33.

From experience people new to ITIL often stress out on the exam, and they really don't need to. So here are my 5 tips for passing the foundation exam with flying colours

1) Don't think about what you actually do in your business, think about what ITIL says that you SHOULD do.

2) Read the whole of each question very carefully, and be sure that you understand exactly what is being asked, EXIN exam questions are often intentionally misleading.

3) Look out for fuzzy or vague language in answers and avoid them, ITIL, for the most part is precise in its language.

4) Learn your ITIL definitions and keep process goals in mind.

5) Relax, its mostly common sense.

Feel free to add any other relevant tips
jamilforitil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: More advises Reply with quote

Read definitions, read study cases, read discussion topics in this forum, listen to podcasts while you're driving, watch youtube, be passionate ...you will pass
blah247

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the various practice test floating around a good indication of the actual test? I'm sitting for the EXIN test in a few weeks and have read 'Foundations of IT Service Management - based on ITIL' one time through. I plan on reading it again next week. I've taken a number of different practice tests and score 85%-95%.
polster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Real Exam questions only have 1 correct answer. I've seen on the practice exams where they have more than 1 answer for multiple choice questions. (IE practice exam has answer A,B, and C - while on real exam only 1 choice is correct).

Also at least when I took the EXIN exam in December they asked a couple questions on the The Deming Cycle... So make sure you know it before you take the exam.
blah247

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from taking my EXIN ITIL foundation exam. It took me all of 8 mins and my score was 100%. To study I read through the 'Foundations of IT Service Management - based on ITIL'. Took a few online practice tests and that was it. Compared to the PMP exam this is a joke.

Since this one was so easy I might go ahead and take a few more.
alysian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the actual requirements to obtain a Hawaii driving license? I just recently moved from a military base in japan, and while i was there i took a driving class, which included a written test, driving hours and then a road test. I have a certificate and everything, and from there i was able to obtain an international drivers license so that i can drive in the states. Is that enough to now get a Hawaii Drivers license? or do i still have to take the driving part of the test? (I know i have to take the written portion)
BorisBear
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alysian wrote:
What are the actual requirements to obtain a Hawaii driving license? I just recently moved from a military base in japan, and while i was there i took a driving class, which included a written test, driving hours and then a road test. I have a certificate and everything, and from there i was able to obtain an international drivers license so that i can drive in the states. Is that enough to now get a Hawaii Drivers license? or do i still have to take the driving part of the test? (I know i have to take the written portion)

I believe there is a rule whereby you can convert your international driving licence into a full Hawaiian driving licence providing you apply to the DMV within the first 12 months of arriving (might be 2 years).

Only then are you allowed to begin the ITIL lifecycle exams
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="alysian"]What are the actual requirements to obtain a Hawaii driving license? I just recently moved from a military base in japan, and while i was there i took a driving class, which included a written test, driving hours and then a road test. I have a certificate and everything, and from there i was able to obtain an international drivers license so that i can drive in the states. Is that enough to now get a Hawaii Drivers license? or do i still have to take the driving part of the test? (I know i have to take the written portion)[/quote]

Having lived in Hawaii for 18 years and having the Hawaii Drivers licence myself.

1 - As Hawaii is a state like the other 49 in the US

2 - Go to a Bookstore and get the Drivers Licence book.

3 - take the DL test. It aint hard.

4 - When I took my HI DL I did not have to take the road test as I had an existing DL. Check first with the Base MPs and then the HI DL authority in City Hall (downtown Honolulu)

Question: why are You asking this in an ITIL community ? ITIL has nothing to do with HAWAII nor drivers licences or certification

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
BorisBear
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKVIKING wrote:
alysian wrote:

Having lived in Hawaii for 18 years and having the Hawaii Drivers licence myself.

1 - As Hawaii is a state like the other 49 in the US

2 - Go to a Bookstore and get the Drivers Licence book.

3 - take the DL test. It aint hard.

4 - When I took my HI DL I did not have to take the road test as I had an existing DL. Check first with the Base MPs and then the HI DL authority in City Hall (downtown Honolulu)

Question: why are You asking this in an ITIL community ? ITIL has nothing to do with HAWAII nor drivers licences or certification

Keep up at the back.....ITIL is ubiquitous and all-pervasive
zaneeta

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to download full lenght youtube movies with realplayer? Im trying to download a star trek episode from youtube with realplayer, but when i try to, it downloads something that is like 1.6 mbs, i think it is the ad that is played before the episode starts.
thechosenone69
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Zaneeta,

Thank you for contacting the Support team at ITILcommunity.com. Your request has been assigned incident number 11-11111, and has been classed as Priority 1.

PLEASE NOTE: you are on the wrong website. We only support media player and Driving License consulting.

so please read before registering at random forums?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: