Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: DMclain
New Today: 27
New Yesterday: 54
Overall: 146240

People Online:
Visitors: 50
Members: 1
Total: 51 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Study Guides
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Study Guides

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ab_trivedi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: ITIL Study Guides Reply with quote

Dear All,

Namaste... ! I mean Hi. Now my query:

I have 10+ years of experience in various phases of Project Developement LIfe Cycle. I recently did PMP certofication and managing a Project. It is a banking project and mainly Issue Resolution, Change Management.

I am planning to do ITIL V3 Foundation course and certification. I need help from you experts. Like we have PMBOK for PMP exam.

1. Do we have any such book available for ITIL. OR please give me some reference book names?
2. Average how much time required to prepare for certification?
3. Any URL links for preparartion like WHIZLABS giving for Jave?
4. There are foundation and higher level so for my type of profile till
where should I go?

Regards,
Ashutosh Trivedi Shocked , MCP,OCP,PMP
+91-96504-05934
ab_trivedi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waiting for a suggesstion
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ab_trivedi,

patience!

If you take a look at some very active threads you will find a) response times are much longer than you seem to expect and b) there are very few responses at this time of day.

You may now find that your impatience is interpreted as being somewhat rude, given the nature of this voluntary forum and that this will colour the responses you do get.

The one forum that I do know to frequently give very quick responses even to esoteric questions is IMDB, but your question is probably outwith their scope.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
ab_trivedi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure Dia. What can I say ... sorry for being impatient ... but i expect some suggestion today ... Question
ITILadmin
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ab_trivedi wrote:
Sure Dia. What can I say ... sorry for being impatient ... but i expect some suggestion today ... Question

You should 'expect' nothing, and be grateful for any free advise you receive, whever you receive it.
ab_trivedi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this is a constructive forum OR just pinpointing other's people. You people irrespective of the comments can give me good advide.

I mean you are wasting time reading and the then writing SCRAP ...

If you can answer then OK otherwise GOOGLE zindabad ...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ab_trivedi

This is a constructive forum; however, as most of the poster are employeed or have other activities and are NOT PAID to answer, the delay in responses depended on whether some one is willing to answer

What I would suggest is that you quit being lazy and do the following

1 - Search in this forum and the other forums in this community and see the umpteenth million posts about this very issue

2 - search .. hey google, or yahoo and search for the information on the public internet

3 - If you want better response time pay

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TANSTAAFL for one

ab_trivedi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks UKVIKING ... at least you are serious guy. I understand I am also senior member of orafaq.com and pmi forums.

I will follow your advice. But please tell me like PMBOK any guide for ITIL V3 Foundation.

Advance thanks.

ab_trivedi
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you are asking if there are any guides like for the PMBOK

yes but they cost money

there are NO Freebies

All official documentation is Intellectual Property of APMG as well as OGC

Try using the internet to search for things. You would be amazed at what you can find

I even found - shock - information about ITIL Certification by using those words

thechosenone69
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ab,

I hope you like the warm welcome Smile To start congratulations on your PMP, below are some quick answers to your questions.

1. Do we have any such book available for ITIL. OR please give me some reference book names?(read through out the Forum or use Google Magic, as the others suggested)

2. Average how much time required to prepare for certification?depends on many factors.. How are you learning it? What are you reading? how many hours are you dedicating a day etc..

3. Any URL links for preparartion like WHIZLABS giving for Jave? URL posting are prohibited on this forum, but you can go to any file sharing website and type the exam name= "Ex0-101" and download the recent version)

4. There are foundation and higher level so for my type of profile till
where should I go? You should do some more reading on this Forum, but I will give you a quick overview. There are 3 levels

ITIL V2

ITIL Foundation Level (Green Badge)
ITIL Practitioner (Blue)
ITIL Managers (Red)

ITIL V3
ITIL Intermediate Level (Blue)
ITIL Expert Level (Red)

As for where you should go? that depends on you. Ask your self what is it that you want to do? Is it Project Management or is it IT Service Management or is it just a hobby of collecting certificates. Are you going to work on Change Management only in terms of ITIL or are you considering to impliment other processes as well?

This forum will be a good resource of information. Just do your homework and do some reading. I think you had already noticed that there is no spoon feeding on this forum. Once again welcome to the forums and lets u know if you have any further questions:)
aucade
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@thechosenone69

Just for the records.

ITIL V3
ITIL Intermediate Level Capability Stream (Red)
ITIL Intermediate Level Lifecycle Stream (Blue)
ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle (Blue)
ITIL Expert Level (Purple)
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The equivalent to the PMBOK is the set of 5 books. That is it. For Foundation, buy the ITSM book "Foundations of Service Management based on ITIL V3", mentioned a zillion times on this forum (often by me)
itilvs3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: ITIL Books & Reference Reply with quote

The small ITIL v3 pocket book is good reference material. However, I would recommend you go on a ITIL foundation course. It will give you the building blocks you are looking for. You will also find a good reference point is if you go to downloads.com and search for 'ITIL STUDY'. It contains quite a lot of reference material.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: