Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ALay
New Today: 24
New Yesterday: 60
Overall: 139574

People Online:
Visitors: 54
Members: 2
Total: 56 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - What after RCV ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What after RCV ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomkin
Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: What after RCV ? Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

First post !!

I am working as a Release Manager(in the Service Transition area) for my company and planning to increase my ITILv3 credits in order to attain ITIL Expert level.

I have RCV certification already, just wondering what certifications I should get next.

Which route will be better :-
a) SD, ST,CSI, or
b) SD,SO,CSI, or
c) SS,SD,SO,CSI ?

I am really not interested in having another capability stream, but I may be wrong in my selection.

What do you guys think will be a better option to get an overall expertise in ITILv3.

Thanks,
Tomkin
BorisBear
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomkin

If thats your line of thinking then I honestly think the status of 'Expert' will be completely lost on you.

Collecting qualifications and going on more courses than Tiger Woods does not make you a true expert........being versed in the application of a variety of complimentary viewpoints in a real world environment does.

My advice would be to try other roles (e.g. SLM, Problem Management, etc) and develop an appreciation for them.

Capability streams are just supposed to underline knowledge most of which you already possess. If it is just about the qualifications then I suggest you go the lifecycle route.....and I hope you fail Laughing
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think that you will remain in the Release Area, I would recommend Option A as the most useful and relevant, but do not just collect points for the sake of it
aucade
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your just out for the certification you`ll need option C plus MATLC. Option A won`t work because the ST doesn`t count when you have RCV. Option B isn`t enough credits.
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option Aould be the most useful for the job role. Should Tomkin wish to proceed to Expert level, he would need to broaden his knowledge, but not combining ST and RCV because of the "wasted points" would be wrong as far as having a Release Manager who understands Transition thouroughly is concerned. The 2 courses take different views of the topic.
tomkin
Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for their feedback.

Thanks for the good wishes Boris Smile

In this day and age when the company says there is budget for training, sumbit your requirements. I am not happy to say no Smile

Yes, I do not want to sit for the exams and collect credits one after the other. I am planning a long term path here. May be in 3 years time for expert.

I take your point about combining RCV and ST. There is a big overlap there and I think RCV exam is tougher then ST (let me know if I am wrong).

I am not too fussed about collecting credits or only doing the options that i wrote earlier. I am open the best set of skills I can gather.

What do you guys reckon should be my next 2 obvious training choices, if I want to remain in Release Area or Advance Up the hierarchy.

What trainings would best complement my area of expertise ?

Regards,
Tomkin
tomkin
Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BorisBear wrote:
.....and I hope you fail Laughing

BTW, are you change manager in your Org Very Happy
BorisBear
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomkin wrote:
BorisBear wrote:
.....and I hope you fail Laughing

BTW, are you change manager in your Org Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing

No....but I used to be a change manager......I never really liked change, it was so unsetlling.

Try Problem Management....thats always a giggle.
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomkin wrote:

I take your point about combining RCV and ST. There is a big overlap there and I think RCV exam is tougher then ST (let me know if I am wrong).

ST is tough, but then I sat it after having studied for RCV
Seriously though, it depends on where you see your career path taking you, apart from the pub
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
tomkin
Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help everyone. Will submit SO and CSI as my requirements then.

Regards,
Tomkin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: