Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Top
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: LWRX
New Today: 66
New Yesterday: 78
Overall: 143328

People Online:
Visitors: 170
Members: 0
Total: 170

Languages
Select Interface Language:


Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.


The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL V3 Foundation Certified
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL V3 Foundation Certified

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Jobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
HARIS
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: Sep 10, 2009
Posts: 3
Location: Bangalore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: ITIL V3 Foundation Certified Reply with quote

HI Folks !!
Looking for Middle management roles in IT operations / service management. I am a ITIL V3 foundation certified profession with aroung 12 years of experience, which includes experience in Project management, Operation and maintanance

Regards,
_________________
HARIS
auharis@gmail.com
09448405164
Back to top
View user's profile Yahoo Messenger
TomOzITIL_2
Senior Itiler


Joined: May 14, 2009
Posts: 128

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foundation cert is honestly no big deal and unlikely to differentiate you for middle mgt jobs. You'll have to do better than that mate - go get your v2 Managers cert or some v3 lifecycle and/or capability modules.
Back to top
View user's profile
thechosenone69
Senior Itiler


Joined: Jun 06, 2007
Posts: 268

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomOz, I have to disagree wtih you, I know alot of people that has only the foundation level and have a good management position. Experience plays a good role as well. Though I also believe that getting the Managers Certificates or one of the v3 lifecycles will increase the chances of getting that Job.
Back to top
View user's profile
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler


Joined: Sep 16, 2006
Posts: 3303
Location: London, UK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TCA69

What I think Tom is trying to say if one has management experience already, then the ITIL Foundation is a notch up

If there is NO managment experience, the ITIL foundation is not an replacement for management experience. if however, the manager's certificate was acquired, that would be a leg up
_________________
John Hardesty
ITSM Manager's Certificate (Red Badge)

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Back to top
View user's profile
DYbeach
Senior Itiler


Joined: May 25, 2008
Posts: 413
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thechosenone69 wrote:
TomOz, I have to disagree wtih you, I know alot of people that has only the foundation level and have a good management position. Experience plays a good role as well. Though I also believe that getting the Managers Certificates or one of the v3 lifecycles will increase the chances of getting that Job.


It probably won't get you a job but it will help you to get an interview
_________________
DYbeach
ITIL V3 Release, Control & Validation,
ITIL V3 Operation SUpport & Analysis
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send e-mail
tomkin
Itiler


Joined: Jun 29, 2009
Posts: 48
Location: London

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: ITIL V3 Foundation Certified Reply with quote

HARIS wrote:
HI Folks !!
Looking for Middle management roles in IT operations / service management. I am a ITIL V3 foundation certified profession with aroung 12 years of experience, which includes experience in Project management, Operation and maintanance

Regards,
_________________
HARIS
auharis@gmail.com
09448405164


Are you Ok to work in UK ??? i have an opening as Config Analyst!!
Back to top
View user's profile
HARIS
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: Sep 10, 2009
Posts: 3
Location: Bangalore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: ITIL V3 Foundation Certified Reply with quote

tomkin wrote:
HARIS wrote:
HI Folks !!
Looking for Middle management roles in IT operations / service management. I am a ITIL V3 foundation certified profession with aroung 12 years of experience, which includes experience in Project management, Operation and maintanance

Regards,
_________________
HARIS
auharis@gmail.com
09448405164


Are you Ok to work in UK ??? i have an opening as Config Analyst!!

Please revert to me with the details...Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Yahoo Messenger
tomkin
Itiler


Joined: Jun 29, 2009
Posts: 48
Location: London

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: ITIL V3 Foundation Certified Reply with quote

HARIS wrote:
tomkin wrote:
HARIS wrote:
HI Folks !!
Looking for Middle management roles in IT operations / service management. I am a ITIL V3 foundation certified profession with aroung 12 years of experience, which includes experience in Project management, Operation and maintanance

Regards,
_________________
HARIS
auharis@gmail.com
09448405164


Are you Ok to work in UK ??? i have an opening as Config Analyst!!

Please revert to me with the details...Thanks



Are you Ok to work in UK ???
Back to top
View user's profile
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Jobs All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB 2.0.8 © 2001 phpBB Group
phpBB port v2.1 based on Tom Nitzschner's phpbb2.0.6 upgraded to phpBB 2.0.4 standalone was developed and tested by:
ArtificialIntel, ChatServ, mikem,
sixonetonoffun and Paul Laudanski (aka Zhen-Xjell).

Version 2.1 by Nuke Cops 2003 http://www.nukecops.com

Forums ©

 

Logos/trademarks property of respective owner. Comments property of poster. Rest 2004 Itil Community for Service Management & Foundation Certification. SV
Site source copyright (c)2003, and is Free Software under the GNU / GPL licence. All Rights Are Reserved.