Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: LRTI
New Today: 29
New Yesterday: 42
Overall: 148440

People Online:
Visitors: 56
Members: 1
Total: 57 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - i need strong basic information!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i need strong basic information!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ambi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: thakn you very much for all of them!! now i am bit relaxed!! Reply with quote

hello!!
hope all are doing well!!

yes now finally i decided to concentrate only on ITIL.

my plan is like this:

[1] joining for any type job just to make some money for ITIL trainging and ITIl certificate.
[2] Getting ITIl v3 certificate.
[3] and finally start hunting job based on my ITIL certification...and i will try for Service Coordinators as it is Entry level position.
[4] and finally once after getting entry into ITIL world.. then i can learn the core parts of ITIL and i will update my skills.

so is my carees plan is correct?? am i in right dirction?? so please if i am in wrong direction please show me the corretc path!!

and finally thank full to all the Senior members[UNVIKING,tomkin,Timo,DYbeach,mnsmitH,SwissTony,Diarmid,swansong,thechosenone69,rpmason] for giving me suggestions. and i strongly believe Experience is ver worth than Knowledge!! So i blindly follow the words of Experience peoples. do you know We INDIANS are bit emotional!! Smile

and i hope in future i will get guidance from all the senior members of this forum in future.
once again i am thanksfull for tolerating my poor English,immaturity.... and etc etc...

awaiting for your valuable responses!!

thanks with regards
ur's obediant
Ambri!!
tomkin
Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is ITIL followed in India ? I am not too sure.

Guys, this may be a bigger debate !! Which may take us to the humble council where it originated from.

But, can ITIL be taught ? Moreso, if it is not followed in the local industry. Does it work like java, c++, programming etc. I mean you provide outsourced service management.

Do be blunt what will Ambri give back to local industry with his ITIL knowledge once he gets it after training ??

Your views Smile
tomkin
Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKVIKING wrote:

yes that is me. However, I have lost about 8 stone

Whoa, change managers are scary everywhere Wink

On a serious note, 8 stones is an achievement. Well done.
SwissTony
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The obvious train of thought is that following the mass outsourcing of Service Desks to India, the ITIL framework has become recently highlighted. (After recent posts on here I wouldn't be surprised if it was just one place providing Service Desk function for numerous companies.)

For me at an entry level ITIL foundation provides a perspective of the IT provision world that most (at that stage) haven't got because they are focused in their area or completely new to the approach.

Practitioner & Service Manager level knowledge facilitates performing specific roles to a greater ability.

What does this allow you to give back to the industry? An improved ability to do your job by increased knowledge of the whole framework, or in-depth knowledge of a specific process. Therefore, the ability to improve the current methodology of the organisation.

Ambri:

Where did you first hear about ITIL?
What is your aim for your career?
& unless I missed it you haven't stated your background, qualifications, or experience, please let us know.
Timo
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... just when I thought this thread was dead
dam
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Swiss Tony says there is a lot of outsourcing to India going on in Service Desk and IT services management in general. When you outsource, formalised processes become even more important and especially when there is a significant distance/cultural difference/different way of doing things, sharing a common framework is a primary need to be effective in day to day operations. Ive already worked in strict collaboration with offshore teams and dealing with all these different ways of doing things IS the big challenge.

In other terms Id say in general ITIL training and even more certification are interesting after some real world experience. But in this particular case, you in India wishing to work for an outsourced service of a western company, the ITIL certified knowledge could be a real advantage, even before the field experience. If I was a manger in charge of deciding who is going to be part of the team managing the recently outsourced data centre Id have a great preference for the guys with a certified ITIL knowledge. We would already share a common best practices background. And Id feel like the processes Im going to set up will sound familiar to them.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Threads never die

they just fade away

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Ash85

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I am working for a reputed MNC company having more than 20,000 employees in India itself and it might interest you that moree than 90% of us are ITIL certified supporting different clients all over the world in various technologies...........

So tomkin for your knowledge ITIL is followed in India

Regards,
Ash85
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash85

Having the foundation certificate in either v2 or v3 is one thing

what about the v2 practitioner level or the v2 manage's certificate

what about the other v3 cycle exams

and are the individuals with the certificate merely have the certificate in addition to their microsoft , redhat, oracle etc certificate and are doing

service desk support
incident mgmt
problem mgmt

what about the other disciplines - like change, config and release

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
tomkin
Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash85 wrote:
Hey I am working for a reputed MNC company having more than 20,000 employees in India itself and it might interest you that moree than 90% of us are ITIL certified supporting different clients all over the world in various technologies...........

So tomkin for your knowledge ITIL is followed in India

Regards,
Ash85

@Ash
Its easy to say ITIL is followed in India because a company in Europe or US has outsourced Service Desk or part of service management to company that has resources in India.

Does Indian Railway follow ITIL or any local governing body, electricity supply company, etc follow ITIL ? Doesn't look like it.

Don't forget tomorrow if Bangladesh become "IT Proficient", jobs will move there and assume no outsourcing to India. Will then ITIL be followed in India ?

Smile
ambi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: My back ground!! Reply with quote

hello SwissTony,

[1] I had completed my engineering in computer science just 3 months a[2] I am 23 year old.
[3] I heard about ITIL from my friend.
[4] And finally i made some search on google about ITIL also i contacted one ITIL training centre in banglore. i will join by december. and by janauary i will 100% become ITIl v3 certified.
[5] And sir my aim for my career is i am not interested in technical[i mean development,testing etc] i want to go for some management side. and i want to go for challenging position where it can offers me growth.

so this is my background information.

please give me a good advise.

awaiting for your quick response from you!!

regards
ambri Smile [/quote]
ambi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: and finally i got one INDIAN...Ash85 Reply with quote

hello everybody!!

hope all are doing and thinking only good!!! Smile

After a long counselling finally i got one INDIAN.

That is Ash85......!! INDIAN who is ITIL industry.

So Ash85 i think since you know INDAIN ITIL industry... you can give me usefull career advise.
please i already mentioned my background. SO based on that please give me some suggestions. and also tell me the certifications i need to do. and also job market for ITIL in INDIA...

awaiting for your quick response!!

regards
ambri
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomkin wrote:
UKVIKING wrote:

yes that is me. However, I have lost about 8 stone

Whoa, change managers are scary everywhere Wink

On a serious note, 8 stones is an achievement. Well done.

8 stone, that is amazing, you lost a whole Back Street Boy
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: and finally i got one INDIAN...Ash85 Reply with quote

ambi wrote:
hello everybody!!

hope all are doing and thinking only good!!! Smile

After a long counselling finally i got one INDIAN.

That is Ash85......!! INDIAN who is ITIL industry.

So Ash85 i think since you know INDAIN ITIL industry... you can give me usefull career advise.
please i already mentioned my background. SO based on that please give me some suggestions. and also tell me the certifications i need to do. and also job market for ITIL in INDIA...

awaiting for your quick response!!

regards
ambri

In what way is using ITIL in India different to using it in the UK, Europe, USA, Australia or the Middle East?
How is the career path different?
Not a smarty pants question, I'm curious.
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
tomkin
Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: and finally i got one INDIAN...Ash85 Reply with quote

DYbeach wrote:

In what way is using ITIL in India different to using it in the UK, Europe, USA, Australia or the Middle East?

Ingredients are same, but its a tad bit spicy Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Jobs All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: