Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: Tibagqlw
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 77
Overall: 144633

People Online:
Visitors: 48
Members: 1
Total: 49 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Expert Certification
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Expert Certification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RahulSharma

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: ITIL Expert Certification Reply with quote

Hi All, I am ITIL V3 Foundation Certified in Service Management. What is the process to gain ITIL Expert certification?

I want to appear for ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle stream exams. What is the procedure to appear for these exams?

How much valuable is this certification in market?
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This question has been answered several times on this forum, is covered as part of the Foundation syllabus, and is also available on teh Examination Institutes, websites (Exin, Iseb APMG etc.). Please check first before asking repeat questions
TomOzITIL_2
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the quickest way is to do your V2 Managers cert (10-12 days classroom + exam), then V3 Expert bridge cert (5 days incl multiguess exam).
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed
TomOzITIL_2
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz,

Are the powers that be any closer to a release date for the ITIL (v3?) Masters training/exams?

I've been a bit out of the loop lately.

Ta,
Tom
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, is the short answer. Not sure if it will be training, or an assessment, work-based project, dissertation, interview or whatever.
Cynically, I have to ask who decides ? Who does the assessment/interview? The usual suspects, I presume, who will have awarded it to each other.
I would love there to be a higher level, but the old boys network are still in control. Anyone fancy staging a coup?
(Gosh, I am in a bad mood today! - Something about a 4 hour journey to work including both signal failure AND a tube strike. Car, Train, 2 buses- all in the pouring rain!)
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rahul
Any ITIL certification above Foundation is valuable. There are heaps of Foundation certified folks around, but relatively a very small amount of practitioner certified.
But without runs on the board, the certification is not really worth a pinch of the proverbial
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
TomOzITIL_2
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LizGallacher wrote:
No, is the short answer. Not sure if it will be training, or an assessment, work-based project, dissertation, interview or whatever.
Cynically, I have to ask who decides ? Who does the assessment/interview? The usual suspects, I presume, who will have awarded it to each other.

Yeah - really they have set themselves up in a bad place with the multi-guess V3 Mgrs bridge which frankly tested for memory and multi-choice cognition technique (not get tricked by similar looking phrases). It was good to pass it but many couldn't prove that they've worked in the real world applying the strategy book. In some places myself included...

I reckon that is where v3 Master or whatever it is called, should land. It should not necessarily be something that training companies can spoon-feed their staff.

They've backed themselves into a corner on this one. Do something, set a date or scrap it.
TomOzITIL_2
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LizGallacher wrote:
I would love there to be a higher level, but the old boys network are still in control.

Liz,

7 months on, any new news/gossip about V3 Master cert? I haven't heard anything much from my local contacts.

Cheers,
Tom
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this from the official site:
As IT Service Management grows in maturity, so too do the requirements for developing and recognizing capable individuals in the industry.

The need for increasing levels of IT Service Management knowledge and skills can be seen in the increasing number of jobs that require these skills, the emergence of ITSM academic programmes, and formal professional and career frameworks for ITSM practitioners.

The ITIL Master qualification meets these growing needs by focusing on the experienced levels of the industry, testing the capabilities of senior IT service managers, executives and practitioners.
Focus on Practice

In an industry that values the ability to work in the real world, advanced qualifications need to test more than application to hypothetical cases.

Candidates for the ITIL Master qualification must select one or more real world situations and explain how they were able to apply their knowledge of ITIL to implement real solutions. Testing is performed by assessing a written submission describing real-world assignments, augmented by oral examination.
Target Group

The ITIL Master qualification is aimed at people that are experienced in the industry typically, but not exclusively, senior practitioner, senior consultant, senior manager or executive, with 5 or more years' relevant experience. All candidates must hold the ITIL Expert qualification.
Curriculum

Since every candidate will have a unique range of experience, principles, methods and techniques that they choose to apply, it is not possible to define a fixed syllabus, instead, the ITIL Master qualification allows candidates to determine their own field of study based on ITIL.

A Requirements and Scope document will guide candidates through the process of defining their field of study and which elements of ITIL they can include.
Achieving the ITIL Master Qualification

The steps for achieving the qualification are:

1. Candidates submit a Proposal describing the real life situation they intend to address and the elements of ITIL they will apply to this situation
2. Candidates prepare and submit a Work Package for assessment
3. Candidates attend an interview to support the Work Package assessment.

Learning Objectives

Although there is no fixed syllabus for this qualification, each candidate is expected to have an in-depth knowledge of the areas of ITIL that they have selected for inclusion in their Proposal and Work Package. Candidates are also expected to demonstrate management and planning skills in support of the areas of ITIL that they select.
Why Obtain the ITIL Master Qualification?

* Senior ITSM practitioners and managers are better able to differentiate themselves in an industry that requires ever-increasing demonstration of competence
* Experienced practitioners and managers can identify key areas of study and improvement as they prepare for the qualification
* Organizations will gain value from the benefits achieved during the assignment, and can benefit from the coaching received during preparation of the Work Package
* Organizations that have ITIL Masters working for them can claim a level of demonstrable quality, since projects in that organization were independently evaluated
* The ITIL Master qualification can be used to differentiate candidates for senior roles

The ITIL Master qualificaiton is currently in pliot phase and further information regarding the qualification and its release date will be available early in 2010.
sureshjraman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Its not easy to retrieve the search result Reply with quote

Look.. its not easy! Your search implementation doesnt seem to fetch the result. I am searching for more than 30 minutes to find the ITIL Intermediate certification path !!!!

Rather than turning away people who ask questions, (just an observation) would be good for the regular/senior forum moderators to provide standard links.
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of your Foundation Course should have covered the Intermediate Certification information. Otherwise google it, try "official Itil" as the serach term, or visit almost any training company site and you will find the information there.
It is not difficult.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you try google or other search engine

if you used the search feature in this forum you would have only got posts about ITIL Certification

As Liz says, you should use the internet for what it is for

and the seniro type here are not a replace for yahoo google or bing

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to some training provider websites you will find the information you seek, grasshopper.

A question: How do you think ITIL certification will benefit you? If you are not using the information that will be crammed into you on a regular basis, it will be lost. Even worse, you could find yourself in a position where you are expected to have a certain level of knowledge and experience but only have the certification. This would not be good for anyone.

It really is a massive amount of information to learn in a short period
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: