Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: optimizarese
New Today: 19
New Yesterday: 66
Overall: 142238

People Online:
Visitors: 68
Members: 1
Total: 69 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - just wondering
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

just wondering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pk_
Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: just wondering Reply with quote

hi all,

before i royally put my foot in it and incur the wrath of the forum regulars, is this an appropriate place to ask for peoples' opinions on and/or experiences with specific training providers?

if not i'll delete this thread.
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously it's an appropriate place to ask such a question.

I'll just add that it helps to know quite a lot about anyone who offers an opinion in order to be able to evaluate it. But then I always say that. And I normally go on to express the opinion that you probably don't know enough about anyone here to get much from it.

I recommend Ultracomp and in particular the two who trained me (I cannot warrant other staff), Colin Rudd and Tony Price. They know an awful lot about ITIL and even more about service management.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
pk_
Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, in that case: I wanted to ask peoples' opinions of Purple Griffon. I'm going to get their v2/v3 manager's package, which seems like a good deal - both v2 manager's certs, v2-v3 conversion and all the exams for £3495.

I got my Foundation from them a couple of years ago and they seemed good, just wondered if anyone had any experience of their management courses
swansong
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that many training organisations have very few permanent training staff. They are hired to go through the company training slides on an as and when basis, applying their own experience when required.

I understand through the grapevine that Purple Griffon are one of the organisations who have a permanent cadre of training staff, therefore there is a chance you will get the same trainers as previously, and as you liked the previous training, that is at least one risk mitigated. But it might be worth checking with Purple Griffon for the detail.

For the record I did my V2 managers with FGI ltd, and specifically Jim Tebby. He got me through to a distinction (admittedly through, I did most of the work!), and I would recommend them.
thechosenone69
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend FGI also. I did my V2 managers there as well. David Harris delivered that training, he might be leaving soon its a good catch if you take a course with him before he leaves, they also have a high pass rate.

Good luck.
ITILV3 Expert(Lilac Badge) Certified.

“If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing." W. Edwards Deming.
pk_
Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks very much guys. will shop about a bit, appreciate the advice.

is it a bit odd that i'm really, really looking forward to doing this?
thechosenone69
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep that going you will need that Smile
ITILV3 Expert(Lilac Badge) Certified.

“If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing." W. Edwards Deming.
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As others have said, Purple Griffin use associate trainers as well as there own staff. (I have worked for them several times). FGI has certainly done so in the past - not sure about now. They will know those trainers, however, and will not use them if they do not rate them.
I would recommend PG.
And no, it is not odd that you are really really looking forward to it. One of the great sadnesses for ITIL trainers is the passing of the V2 Managers course means the end of working with a dozen or so really motivated students, in conjunction with another tutor (because working with other trainers is good for us too). Watching those 12 or whatever develop and mature their understanding is really rewarding, and I was always on tenterhooks awaiting their results. Having someone call/you/text you to tell you they passed/got a distinction etc. is great.
I remember the Managers students I trained years later - and the comments above show nthat students remember their tutors too.
Good Luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: