Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: KBAZ
New Today: 9
New Yesterday: 68
Overall: 146106

People Online:
Visitors: 61
Members: 4
Total: 65 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Service Catalog
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Service Catalog

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThHaas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Service Catalog Reply with quote

Hi @ all,

I am seaching for a tool in which i can create a Service Catalog.
Does anyone know a tool or a link for free?
Thanks for answers
Tom
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scalc in OpenOffice.org could meet your requirements. In fact swrite might do the trick.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
ThHaas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Diarmid,
but i search for a Tool to create a Service Catalog.
I have to design a Service Catalog, and i don`t khow how to begin, or what should be in a Catalog. So it would be helpful if i found an example or even a tool to create this.
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need a tool until you know what you are going to build. If you get a specific tool first you will be driven to design your service catalogue along the tools perception rather than meeting your requirements.

Your service catalogue will contain itemized services and information about them.

Beyond that, it depends what you want it for. Who will use it? What information will they want to obtain from it?

Some organizations build a service catalogue to tell their users or customers what services are available. Others build it to tell themselves what services they provide. Others combine the two roles.

At one end of the spectrum the catalogue might describe what services do and how to obtain and use them. At the other it might identify the underpinning components that each service depends on. There could be contact and management responsibility information. There could be a roadmap of the future of the service.

I could go on speculating and adding to the list, but that does not help you. You need to start by establishing why your organization wants a service catalogue; what it will be used for; who will use it; how it will be maintained; and stuff like that. It is often the case that answering those questions leads directly to how it needs to be designed and then to what tools are needed for it.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
swansong
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would ask, why do you need a service catalogue?

Is there a genuine business need which will be fulfilled by such a tool, or have you been asked by someone to provide a service catalogue.

I'll wager my glass of white wine it is the latter.

In which case, find out why the person in question wants a service catalogue. Really interrogate them, get them to specify their requirements, get them to define the business problem which will be resolved by implementing a catalogue, and then determine whether a catalogue is the solution to their problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Related Topics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: