Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: IRutherfo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 72
Overall: 142291

People Online:
Visitors: 64
Members: 1
Total: 65 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Foundation Certification
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Foundation Certification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmykidaram

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: ITIL Foundation Certification Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am new to ITIL and this community. I wouild like to go for the foundation exam as a first step. Hope that it will give me some basic understanding on which i can gain knowledge and experience. My question here are

1. Do I need to join any authorised trainers for attending this exam or I can prepare myself and register for the exam in prometric ?

2. If yes, Is the exam topics are tough, will it be difficult with out the training?

Please help me with this queries

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy

Usually we beat people up for asking these sort of questions. So consider your self beaten up - post wise - look at the other posts

For some strange reason, I am feeling - ous like - generous, nauseauous, specious and gaseous - all at the same time. Must be the volcanic ash over london

I commend you on asking this question. but, first - before you even consider the exam, do you even know what ITIL is, where it is used and what it does

first
go to wikipedia and search for ITIL

the site will have a good brief on ITIL and some good links

that will answer your immediate questions

once done, come back

you are allowed one silly question.

Use it wisely

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
ITILadmin
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKVIKING wrote:

Use it wisely

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sorry... but it made me laugh.
jimmykidaram

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKVIKING wrote:
Jimmy

Usually we beat people up for asking these sort of questions. So consider your self beaten up - post wise - look at the other posts

Use it wisely

Thanks for the sarcastic reply.
It shows experience or knowledge won't improve wisdom or change the basic characters.
1.8 posts per day cannot substitute for basic common sense one should be having.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy

I do have common sense, wisdom and knowledge. I also use said

Obviously you dont and did not take my advice at all as in read an almost exact question from some one else

This forum expects all of its participants to do their due diligence and do their own research before asking stupid questions like what is ITIL etc as there is something called the internet and there are things like search tools. How else did you find this forum ?

Did you do any of the research that I recommended
And do you have any further questions about ITIL, Certification, Exams, etc ?

Or are you merely posting to poke me ?

Well, please note I am no longer suffering from -ous like conditions, thanks Jimmy

Finally, yes I do post a lot. Yes I seem to be the first to answer the questions. I am trying to reach 10k posts without posting ... me too.....

I have to have goals you know

Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy,

I'm worried about you. John may have used sarcasm in his post, but not in the passage you quote. What he said, in an admittedly long-winded way, was that you did not give us any useful information on which to hang a useful answer.

In fact I'm not sure what your questions were about. Your first question was of the form [is it A or B] and your second question began "if yes..." and "yes" will be the answer if [B is equivalent of not A]; otherwise "no" will be the answer.

You seem to be asking if the exam will be difficult [presumably you mean difficult for you]. How can we possibly know the answer to that?

You want to know if you need training to achieve it - again, how can we possibly know?

We have no idea what your current level of experience, knowledge and learning skill is.

All exams will be difficult for some people. I guess most exams will be difficult for most people (but not necessarily for most people who sit them), and there are probably very few exams that are not easy for at least one person.

If you were to enquire, through questions and research as to the nature of the examination subject and the exam, then you may be able to form a view as to how difficult it may prove for you and whether training (of some defined sort), may be beneficial or even essential to your chances of passing the exam.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
elgordo111

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: ITIL Foundation Certification Reply with quote

jimmykidaram wrote:
Hi All,

I am new to ITIL and this community. I wouild like to go for the foundation exam as a first step. Hope that it will give me some basic understanding on which i can gain knowledge and experience. My question here are

1. Do I need to join any authorised trainers for attending this exam or I can prepare myself and register for the exam in prometric ?

2. If yes, Is the exam topics are tough, will it be difficult with out the training?

Please help me with this queries

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

1. No, there is no pre-requisite to join an authorized trainer for the ITIL Foundation exam. MANY people self study and have no trouble passing. Do a Google search for "ITIL Exam PRep" or similar to find tools.

2. The exam topics are designed to test a basic understanding of IT Service Management as reflected by ITIL. There are many self study avenues which can get you to pass.

Good luck,
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITILadmin wrote:
UKVIKING wrote:

Use it wisely

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sorry... but it made me laugh.

Too late for the advice as he has already used up his quota
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITIL ADMIN: Ghost link in signature from WalterArcher

DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sneaky burger! Twisted Evil
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy
you are allowed to self study for Foundation.
Previous Service Management experience may or may not help.
It may help for you to have an understanding and some hands on experience of the practices you will be learning about.
However........
If you remain 'stuck' in these practices and insist on using these as a referral point you may come 'unstuck'.

Horses for courses
Different strokes......
Whatever floats your boat
etc
PMI CAPM (R)

ITILadmin
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKVIKING wrote:
ITIL ADMIN: Ghost link in signature from WalterArcher
Link spammer now toasted. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: