Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: E0703
New Today: 26
New Yesterday: 73
Overall: 140000

People Online:
Visitors: 69
Members: 2
Total: 71 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - exam this saturday on ISEB SSS case study - Any last min poi
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

exam this saturday on ISEB SSS case study - Any last min poi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Puskar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: exam this saturday on ISEB SSS case study - Any last min poi Reply with quote

Hello all,

this Saturday I would be writing my v2 managers on the iseb SSS case study. Anyone who has given the same and also any last min pointers to crack this please?

Thanks,

Puskar
rpmason
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puskar, Look down the forum about 4 topics and open "V2 Managers Exams in April". Lots of good info in the first 5 or so posts.

I don't have any specifics on the SSS case study, but our instructor had us put our case study company's strengths, weaknesss, opportunities, threats (SWOTs) in a matrix. For example, if Change Management was a "weakness", improving (or adding) it would be an "opportunity" because (fill in your case-study-specific reasons).

When I walked into the test, I already had some ideas for answers and was prepared to describe how improving Change Management would help the business.
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The single most important aspect of the case-study, is to make sure you answer the case-study questions with plenty of references to the case-study!
I would advise, before you start writing any of the answers, write CASE STUDY!!! next to the (probably 2, possibly 3) questions which mention it.

If a student gives a generic answer with no reference to the case study (ie they say why Change management is a good thing, how to implement etc., but do not reference the case study) They will score ZERO for that question.

If they answer along the lines of "Configuration Managemnet would be a good idea for SSS because...." followed by a generic answer, they will score very, very few marks, if any.

So First - IDENTIFY THE CASE STUDY QUESTIONS!!!
Second, ensure that you refer to the case study 1 or 2 times per paragraph
Example- "It would be advisable for X to start Capacity Management activities for the x system, as
-it is the system with most issues/
-It is the most business crtical service because it supports the xx business activity
-The business wants to expand its use
etc.

Do NOT say "appoint a Problem manager" if there is already one in the org structure.
Do say "This role could be taken by nnnn, the current nnnnn manager, as it wouyld be a good fit with his present responsibilities"

You get the idea.

Otherwise, asd above, try and work out strengths/weaknesses, current level of maturity of different processes etc.

Finally, with all your answers - allocate your time, do not over-run - go onto the next question, and go back to your unfinished one if there is time.
Write sufficently long answers to cover all the points - about 3-5 pages for each question.
Good Luck!
Puskar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Hi...Thanks a lot to both of you. Have written the questions well I guess and now its all a matter of time when I come to know about the results. Thanks once again Very Happy
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, hope you get a great pass Smile
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
thechosenone69
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puskar,

I suggested on a different thread 10 steps revision guide for the V2 managers exam. I suggest you should go through those.
ITILV3 Expert(Lilac Badge) Certified.

“If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing." W. Edwards Deming.
Puskar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to shout it out now... Cleared the V2 managers now looking for the Bridge... but would take a break before that Cool
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! Whether you go for Manager's Bridge or not, the Red Badge is a greatly-respected qualification in its own right
Puskar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you ... it feels great too Very Happy
Puskar

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seniors... Just being inquisitive... do u think they would send the batches still? I mean the RED Badge as when I gave my practitioners didnt get any Sad
swansong
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seniors... Just being inquisitive... do u think they would send the batches still? I mean the RED Badge as when I gave my practitioners didnt get any

Sorry mate, but this is my pet hate.

In terms of this forum a senior ITIL'er is not some one with the most experience and / or the best qualifications. A senior ITIL'er is the someone who has posted more than 50 times on this forum.

Even that dodgy lady who keeps on posting dodgy links to training sites will be a senior ITIL'er in a few weeks if she keeps at her present rate of posting.
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they will keep sending the badges until the stock runs out - which it may have done already, or very soon. They will not order any more
Puskar

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fyi... those who have cleared the exam from ISEB they would have to contact their Service desk and then get the batch delivered from itSMF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: