Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: RBland
New Today: 14
New Yesterday: 86
Overall: 139279

People Online:
Visitors: 60
Members: 0
Total: 60

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Big Battle over the Future of IT Consulting Services
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Battle over the Future of IT Consulting Services

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkallit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Big Battle over the Future of IT Consulting Services Reply with quote

Hello friends,

I have a question on IT consulting profession.
How do you see companies will change their IT business model to be more competitive.

Companies like cognizant are having a trademark concept called 'two-in-a-box' structure. In this concept, instead of one manager having responsibility for the key milestones, it was shared by two - one at the customer end and other, on the offshore delivery side.

Now over a decade later, Cognizant is overhauling this time-tested, proven model and incorporating a third leg to it. It is introducing a consultant into the cosy two-some model and making it a 'three-in-a-box' structure, reflecting the seriousness of its next big battle on the future of IT consulting services.

How do you see the IT consulting Services market developing as we move forward?

Thanks
Ramy Stuart

Last edited by rkallit on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITILADMIN: Remove links/URL

rkallit: what does this have to do with ITIL and Change Management

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
rkallit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi UKVIKING,

I expected the members of the platform to provide their inputs regarding the change required around IT process improvement which will help companies in their business models.

Thanks

Ramy Stuart
Al_Rel-EZ_Al

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: what's the cost? Reply with quote

Hi Ramy,

Its an interesting proposition, 2in a box or 3 in a box.

The ultimate question for me as a business owner is, how much do I pay for 2 or 3 in a box, and you mentioned 'proven' model... is the proof in

delivery itself
    time of delivery
    or quality of delivery?

Anyway... I find a lot of consulting is managing of expectations, which is why cognizant might prefer 2 in a box.

For IT dev houses like me, I am concerned about quality and time of delivery using standard models like AGILE, RAPID Dev or even standard waterfall iterations.

I'm all up for a consultant to visit me or 2 of them to work around the clock... but until I see my product, it hasn't delivered, just consulted.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rkallit

First; this is an ITIL change management process discussion forum; not a IT consulting forum

While this topic may be of interest to conslutants like myself and others, it has absolutely nothing to do with ITIL. This thread should have been put in Miscellaneous. ITILADMIN: Please move

Second: please remove the URL from your posts. This is not allowed on this forum. ITILADMIN: Clean his posts

Finally, from a company point of view, how a consluting company is arranged or set up is on no concern. the company only cares about 1 thing - the delivery of what ever the consluting company is providing

As to whether a consluting company has an on site representative or a traveling one is immaterial

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
ITILadmin
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looks increasingly like a link spammer to me. Last message deleted and link removed from his sig.

One more hit and he's out (and reported appropriately).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: