Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: A86Y
New Today: 27
New Yesterday: 51
Overall: 146493

People Online:
Visitors: 56
Members: 2
Total: 58 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - change template needed urgent
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

change template needed urgent

View previous topic :: View next topic  
srinivas_va

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: change template needed urgent Reply with quote

Can you please provide me change management template, AND minutes of meeting template.

I joined a change manager I needed this information appreciate if you can provide the information.
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, if you don't know how to do this, how did you manage to get a job as a change manager?
But onto practicalities.
Might I suggest that you ask your client base what they would like to see in a change template?
Do you have access to the ITIL Service Transition book, or the appropriate ITIL V2 book? I do believe that if you read it you would get insights into change models and the CAB. I'm sure this will help.
Have fun!
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
srinivas_va

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be a temporary in this role. because of project urgent requirement i have been told to handle this role. I did my ITIL V2 foundation.
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, think about it. First off, each change request needs a unique identifier. What else do you need to know?
What is happening?
When?
How long?
Why?
What are the risks?
What pain will be felt if the change isn't made?
Who is going to authorise it?
What if the sh!t hits the fan? How will you fix it?
How do you know it's going to work? Once it's done how do you know it has worked
These are the basics. But then you can add layers of sophistication, such as categorising and prioritising, and including closure codes
It's late at night in Sydney Australia and that's all I've got to give you right now, sorry
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srinivas_va,

a minutes of meeting template has to reflect the agenda template. So if you use an agenda, then that is where to start.

Otherwise a meeting can be adequately minuted in the following way.

- Title indicating authority and context (e.g. "minutes of meeting of the xyz committee")
- date, time, place
- purpose of meeting (this is very important, but I have often seen it omitted with obvious consequences)
- those present (possibly including their status at the meeting - like "observer" or "technical adviser" or "representative of abc section") (some types of meeting need to record absence as well)
- who is chairing
- who is recording
[then iteratively]
- discussion item (at least a reference code for future reference to the item)
- note of discussion
- decision arrived at
- action and date required
- person action is assigned to (has to be someone present at the meeting)
[end iteration]
- date and time of next meeting
- time meeting closed

Some kinds of meetings benefit from acceptance of previous minutes and matters arising from previous meeting(s), but not all.

The underlying objective is to have a formal record of all decisions reached and the reason(s) for them so that they can be followed up at a future time.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Change Management All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: