Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: Eric8124lq
New Today: 25
New Yesterday: 63
Overall: 149699

People Online:
Visitors: 158
Members: 3
Total: 161 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Foundation Certificate Exam Preparation: 2 days enough?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Foundation Certificate Exam Preparation: 2 days enough?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoPo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Foundation Certificate Exam Preparation: 2 days enough? Reply with quote

Hi All,

I plan to take a two day ITIL IT Service Management Essential course (in Canada). At the end of the course there is an exam for the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management. Based on your experience are two days enough to prepare for this exam? All the reading materials will be provided at the beginning of the course therefore no prior reading or preparation is possible.

Thanks!
Sorin
LukaszB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Foundation Certificate Exam Preparation: 2 days enough? Reply with quote

Hi

in my opinion shoud be ok, if you repeat the material after each day you should pass this exam. I attended 3 days training and spend only one evening to refresh it.

Lukasz
Roger
Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We conduct the Foundation program in either 2 or 3 days, depending on clients needs.

We do not suggest taking the actual exam at the end of the course. Simply to give the participants a chance to review and take some more mock exam style questions (pm me and I can give you some ideas of where to find more questions).

The Foundation exam is not a tough exam - but you want to have the confidence to pass.

Also, if you take it at the end of the course it is likely that you are taking a paper based exam (where you'll have to wait a few weeks for the result). You can take the exam online at a test centre and get immediate result (send me a message and I'll tell you how).
Oz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the 3 day foundation course and did the paper test and I got an email back in a day or so telling me I passed
I did do a bunch of reading before the class and I have been doing IT stuff for a while .

oz
KenWilliamson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read the book and made some notes and wrote the test online... It's important to understand how each process relates to one another as much as the process it's self.

Ken Williamson
[Moderated: No advertising URLS]
mkhanbashi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I attend a 3 day Foundation course. The exam was at the 3rd day. The instructor gave us couple of hours to get prepared. Most of us passed the exam. Me and another friend passed with 34 points score.
snatchmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mate, a blind, cack handed pygmy with a bingo dabber should be able to pass this so 2 days study should be more than enough.
rjp
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Snatchmonkey is not an Ozzie - after that colourful reply, I hereby award him honorary citizenship Smile

The course itself is enough - if you are awake and focused - which admittedly could be difficult if your session turns out to be 'death by power point".

Paradoxically more experienced IT people tend to have more trouble - because they can bring a number of 'alternative' understandings of key concepts into the training room - and have to put these aside to do well in the exam.
snatchmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJP - Sadly not. I am a Manc. Perhaps similar in cynical outlook Wink . If you are up for more pertinent observations then your input as Snr ITILer would be appreciated on the ITIL Questions on the Service Delivery Module forum post of mine...Cheers fella
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: