Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: LHnv
New Today: 12
New Yesterday: 97
Overall: 142084

People Online:
Visitors: 62
Members: 3
Total: 65 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITSM Education help required
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITSM Education help required

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rambalaji

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: ITSM Education help required Reply with quote

Hi All,

Myself Balaji,I have been an occasional visitor of this community and would like to express my gratitude for the valuable advice provided.

I'm need of an help now, hence I request the seniors to provide inputs.

I have been working in IT Service Management for the past 3 years.Including both Incident and Change Management.I started my career in IBM Service Management.I feel that the job is monotonous and there is no exposure to technical details.However, I don't want to get into core-technical field.

At this point in life, I feel the need to continue with Higher education, preferably USA.I would like to choose a Master's program which is techno-management.which has the right mix of both technical and Management skills.

I need the seniors to suggest if you have any idea about such programs.I also need to know if choosing degrees like ITM and MIS etc.Will my previous experience go in vain?

Sincerely thank you,
Balaji
rambalaji

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Hello Seniors Reply with quote

Please reply to my thread
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really not sure how we can help beyond what you would find through Google. We can answer questions on ITIL education specifically. There are some university courses which include ITSM
rambalaji

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you Liz.

Yes there are certain universities that focus upon ITSM, but do they help students to create ITSM softwares?

Because, when I saw the curriculum, I noticed that Java, Database Management system, webtools etc were included.

Ideally these are used for Java(Remedy) ,Database(To create Configuration Database) etc. But my understanding about how these programs help advance my career is my question.

I'm trying to get in touch with current students.If you can help me, it will be of great help.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rambalaji

You are contradicting your self

Writing software is writing software

whether it is writing the next cool app for the iphone android or the next linux, apple or wintel platform - programing and designing an application is technical field

Even writing ITSM oriented software - which there are hundreds out already - some crap, some ok, some not so good, some great - has to be done using basic programming skills - to include technical ones

managing a programming project also takes skills

ITIL is a set of guidelines for how to do things in IT - either effectively, efficiently or more focus - as well as a way to improve the way a company does things. this may not involve new software tools - per se.

The easiest programming tool is the human brain.

Unfortunately, iterative flows, decision logic and recursiveness are not integral parts

You need, instead of asking this ITIL forum career goal questions, go to a site or location for such things. If you are recent graduate - consult your own unviersity career centre

or search on the net for things that interest you

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: