Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: APVE
New Today: 15
New Yesterday: 58
Overall: 146173

People Online:
Visitors: 66
Members: 1
Total: 67 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - IT Security Management in ITIL v3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IT Security Management in ITIL v3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYGaboriks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: IT Security Management in ITIL v3 Reply with quote

Morning gents!

New to the forum and my question might be a bit vague but I guess it is worth a shot!

I only have the foundation certificate and was wondering if anyone could give me a good explanation on how IT Security Management relates to the other parts of ITIL v3 and Change Management in particular?

All help would be appreciated!
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you think they interact ?

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
NYGaboriks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKVIKING wrote:
How do you think they interact ?

Rolling Eyes Well, my knowledge of the subject is fairly limited hence the information seeking opening post but I guess I would say IT Security Management relates to all all processes through a clear policy on how information is kept up to date, reliable and accurate.

How do YOU thnk they interact? Smile

Still snowy in the UK btw?
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGaboriks wrote:

No need to get personal!

Unless you have the security clearance for that information Twisted Evil
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
NYGaboriks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diarmid wrote:
NYGaboriks wrote:

No need to get personal!

Unless you have the security clearance for that information Twisted Evil

I thought it might help overcome the apparent hostility. Clearly not Very Happy

On an even more personal note, I have never heard of Newcastle under Lyme and I`ve lived three years in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because they are on different rivers! And the Tyne is in the far north near the Arctic circle.

I went there for an interview recently; other than that I have only passed through on trains between the relatively civilized Edinburgh and the nearly civilized Yorkshire or the civilized-passed-us-by Norfolk or the it's-where-I-am-so-I-will-call-it-civilized-Staffordshire.

Appreciate you not suggesting you were trying to "break the ice". Such a sensitive subject right now.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
NYGaboriks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diarmid wrote:
That's because they are on different rivers! And the Tyne is in the far north near the Arctic circle.

I went there for an interview recently; other than that I have only passed through on trains between the relatively civilized Edinburgh and the nearly civilized Yorkshire or the civilized-passed-us-by Norfolk or the it's-where-I-am-so-I-will-call-it-civilized-Staffordshire.

Appreciate you not suggesting you were trying to "break the ice". Such a sensitive subject right now.

Well I recommend Newcastle(the upon tyne version) for a night out wholeheartedly. As for Yorkshire my only experience is a little town called Wakefield and that place does not qualify as even close to nearly civilized!

Oh I would never attempt such a thing. Besides, there are other ways of achieving the breakage of frozen water. Like making conversation about random places in the UK!

As for my question, is the lack of answers possibly an indication that the question is deemed unanswerable or badly constructed/vague? If so, I offer my apologies for wasting your time Cool
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More vague

ITIL really does not care about ISO27001 in a lot of respects

However, you can presume, assume, prefer to think that ITIL process like change, release, incident, configuration expect that these are done as part of the normal ocurse of business

I for one expect only users with valid accounts in the system

application passwords changed quarterly - initiated once or twice via the cab if never done and then defined as a standard or low level change from then on

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Change Management All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: