Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: M4126
New Today: 10
New Yesterday: 81
Overall: 143429

People Online:
Visitors: 66
Members: 3
Total: 69 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Additional support tasks from another support group
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Additional support tasks from another support group

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdcimafranca

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Additional support tasks from another support group Reply with quote

Dear All,

Would want your opinion on the matter below to help me broaden understanding on the problem, as there might be other points of views that might be added.

Our HD handles level 1 support for Infrastructure, desktop and other general software requests. All application support related to the custom application portal (sharepoint portal) are escalated automatically to the app support group as they are the one assigned to the group.

Now, they want to pass a single task to us, creation of access ID's for users. but we will only be allowed to make access IDs for specific departments as some departments need permission configuration for diff resources related to that access ID.

my concern, is this advisable? is this standard? for them to pass a task to the HD like that?

1. Wouldn't that be difficult for our group as it is an extra step that they should be doing as they own all of the process for the application? If something were to happen, that will be additional problems for us (though that can be addressed with the proper and complete KT). still, you are only just adding another step in their process, including us on a separate step when they can handle and catch everything with their current set up.
2. I am still unable to perform a check on capacity planning for the effects of this new task to our load as I have yet to perform one (we are fairly new, and not that mature as of the moment). so I have no proof that this will have direct effect on our SLA.

What else could be considered? thank you in advanced for your help. As this might just be a case of them passing one task without proper justification.

Regards,
RD
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdcimafranca

Why do you think this -

my concern, is this advisable? is this standard? for them to pass a task to the HD like that?

ITIL is not a standard. It is guidance.

If your Helpdesk can do the work and get a reasonable description of the SLAs etc, then it is up to the HD manager to sign off on it

Beyond that, shrug

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> The ITIL Service Desk All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: