Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: IPhilipp
New Today: 7
New Yesterday: 82
Overall: 143836

People Online:
Visitors: 60
Members: 5
Total: 65 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL v2 Bridging Course
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL v2 Bridging Course

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bhana

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: ITIL v2 Bridging Course Reply with quote

Hello

I have recently passed the Service Support and Service Delivery Exams (V2) , gaining me the much prized ITIL V2 Service Mangers Certification. Yipppeeee!!! This was like going 12 rounds in the ring agianst the ITIL Methodolgies.....
Victory to me with a sharp Upper cut!!!! Smile Now bring V3 Expert to the ring.... I am waiting for you ITIL V3 Expert , training hard for this !!!! Your also going to be defeated by me.......Smile

Over a year ago I purchased a Package deal from a IT training Provider that included the ITIL v2/v3 bridging course... very good price...

Now I have passed the ITIL V2 Certification I am ready to take on the ITIL V3 Expert before June 2011.

Question:

1) Will there be resits available for the ITIL v2/v3 bridging course after June 2011 ? I am aware that the actual course is retired in June 2011?

Regards

Daljit MBCS CITP
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done!
Yes, there will be re-sits available, for a limited time - 6 months I think. Your training provider can confirm.
Bhana

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: ITIL v3 Bridging Exam Reply with quote

LizGallacher wrote:
Well done!
Yes, there will be re-sits available, for a limited time - 6 months I think. Your training provider can confirm.

Thanks for this information , will the 6 month resits be applicable to EXIN & ISEB ?

My training provider has advised me that there are no resits for the ITIL v3 Expert Bridging Exam after June 2011.

Regards

Daljit
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that information is correct - the resits are only be for V2 qualifications after they were retired.
Sorry about the wrong information - it was only clarified quite recently, and is very harsh for those sitting it at the last minute
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest information, hot off the press ( I received it 30 seconds ago) -

"Following withdrawal of the ITIL V3 Manager Bridge certificate the bridging option available to holders of the ITIL V1 or V2 Service Manager certificate will change and will require V1 or V2 Service Manager holders to undertake V3 modules to enter the V3 scheme and/or reach ITIL Expert Level.
Service Manager Certificate holders who would like to take any ITIL V3 intermediate modules will be required to take the ITIL V3 Foundation certificate.
In order to reach ITIL Expert Level holders of the Service Manager certificate must successfully complete the following certifications:
V3 Foundation Certification in IT Service Management

PLUS
Service Strategy OR Continual Service Improvement
PLUS
Managing Across The Lifecycle (MALC)
This Bridging route will only be available to holders of the full ITIL V1 or V2 Service Managers Certification (both Service support and Service Delivery components). Individuals who choose to follow this route to ITIL Expert Level should note that the credit system does not apply to this particular bridging option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: