Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: SXju
New Today: 7
New Yesterday: 76
Overall: 143345

People Online:
Visitors: 67
Members: 1
Total: 68 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - How to Map Incidence Management process in this scenario?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Map Incidence Management process in this scenario?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mredekar
Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: How to Map Incidence Management process in this scenario? Reply with quote

Hi !
This is my first post.
One of my Client has "Incidence management" as an customer outsourced service. SLA has been signed and it talks mostly about how and in what timeline the tickets should be handled.
Ticket is for registered by customer as "incidence" and "Change" . Client is supposed to handle only "Incidence". They remotely log-in to device(s) and diagnose. Few tickets are closed remotely. Other cases are escallated to a person seating "Near" customer place with all instructions to execute at customer site locally. This is breaf about the "service" offered.
Tickets not closed within given time directly violet SLA.
What Incidence management Process can be established in theis scenario.
Regards,
Fabien
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your case, it seems to me that the Incident Management process occurs at the provider's level and it is therefore mostly out of your hands.

If you could narrow down to more specific questions, I may be able to give you some answers.

Accenture
Technology Consulting | Service Excellence
Red Badge Certified

Twitter @itilgeek
mredekar
Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Thanks for your reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Question here is do we have to develope any Inceidence Management process for our own "servivce". One of the third paty consultants has suggested that we may not have any IM process for our self (Our own service) and we should stick to the process defined by the Customer. Your reply is in agreement with the consultant. Thanks again for the reply
Regards,
xitil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The process control should always stay by the customer. Better, the customer should even define the process. Of course, the supplier should and could help the customer in that matter. That actually depends of the maturity of the customer. All this does not remove the responsibilities of the supplier of managing their own services properly... but making sure that they are inline with the ones of the customer.

And this applies to all Service Management processes. It is even a requirement for being BS 15000 certified.

Now if the customer understands its service management processes very well, they will be able to build good underpinning contracts with their suppliers. Contracts that would warranty not only time to start working, time to solve, but also % of tickets solved for example...
Fabien
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xitil wrote:
Better, the customer should even define the process.
I have this feeling I read that the Service Level Manager should define the process in cooperation with the customer. The idea that the customer would know the process better sorts of defeats the purpose of having a service provider in the first place in my opinion. But I'm willing to listen.....

xitil wrote:
Now if the customer understands its service management processes very well, they will be able to build good underpinning contracts with their suppliers.
I have small issues with this statement.

First of all, Underpinning Contracts are contracts between the service provider and external partners. I don't really understand what the customer's role is. Can you explain?

Also, the customer does not need to understand the service management processes. The whole idea is to bring the service provider closer to the business, not the other way around.

Your entire post makes it sound like the customer is the one with all the knowledge of service management. Did I miss something?

Accenture
Red Badge Certified

Twitter @itilgeek
xitil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: ...clarifications... Reply with quote

Sorry Fabien, I understand why you were confused by my post. I was actually putting myself in the shoes of the company to which the services have been outsourced.

In mredekar situation I think we have this:

ITIL customer
|
V
Company that has outsourced some service [the one I called Customer]
|
V
Company to which the service has been outsourced

So let me rephrase my post in a good ITIL compliant way:

<<
The process control should always stay by the company outsourcing the service. Better, they should even define the process. Of course, the supplier should and could help the company outsourcing the service in that matter. That actually depends of the maturity of the company outsourcing the service . All this does not remove the responsibilities of the supplier of managing their own services properly... but making sure that they are inline with the ones of the company outsourcing the service.

And this applies to all Service Management processes. It is even a requirement for being BS 15000 certified.

Now if the company outsourcing the service understands its service management processes very well, they will be able to build good underpinning contracts with their suppliers. Contracts that would warranty not only time to start working, time to solve, but also % of tickets solved for example...
>>
Fabien
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I understand what you were saying now and I have really no comments Smile

Accenture
Red Badge Certified

Twitter @itilgeek
xitil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabien, no I'm sorry Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: