Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: V19A
New Today: 9
New Yesterday: 50
Overall: 146272

People Online:
Visitors: 54
Members: 0
Total: 54

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Work Between Service Desk Guys and Asset Management
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Work Between Service Desk Guys and Asset Management

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NAMP-Bala

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Work Between Service Desk Guys and Asset Management Reply with quote

Hi Team,

Apologies, if I should have asked this query in some other window/indexes.

In our software company, we are gonna install one of the Asset management tool( Numara) soon to discover every objects, pc, servers..etc.

I am going to work in Service Desk to interact with this asset management tool/management guys.

We are not completely confident, what service desk part would be? I meant, i am not sure, what kind of work will i do.. just to monitor and to update configuration items, if that tool is not able to discover some of the devices?

If anyone came over this or if you have any experience, what are the tasks performed by service desk( also helpdesk), when they interact with asset management tool( as well as management guys).

I am new to this ITIL. so if this would be explained in easiest way, that would help me lot

Please assist in this, as I would like to share your ideas with my company.

Thanks,
Bala Smile
NAMP-Bala

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Work Between Service Desk Guys and Asset Management Reply with quote

Hi Experts & Team,

Could you please assist with the above query?

I am sorry to remind about this again, as this is bit urgent.

Thanks,
Bala
BorisBear
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CMDB provides details of supported assets and their relationships to the Service Desk
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are not the SLAs that you are looking

OK.

Please move along

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Nikon

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Post subject: Work Between Service Desk Guys and Asset Manag Reply with quote

Hello Bala, Very Happy

First we need an understanding about the service desk and Asset Management team,

Service desk is a function
Asset/Configuration Management is a Process

Service desk is a first line incident resolving team and they would record every event /incident / quairy in the given tool , in your case it would be the numara tool,

As a part of Service desk you will never need to interact with the Asset /Configuration Management directly as the tool would supply and carry all the information to the CMDB but sometimes for eg:- let us say you need information about a specific asset or a laptop that needs rectification and you need to understand its exact location and service tag incase if the information is not avaialble in the asset record (Laptop record in numara) you might need to contact asset management for the same

In other words you can raise tickets or request towards the CMDB team with the list of assets and with the specified information that is missing and CMDB would take care of it for you
I tried to simplyfy this to the max possible hope this would help you

Regards,
Tirumala Aditya
Speacilist -IT Service Management
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Service Delivery All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: